PDA

View Full Version : Track preset Hack questions

Suke
09-03-2013, 02:25 PM
I'm really loving this track preset hack. But there are a few things I was wondering about.

#1 Can track presets remember routing? (i.e I had a Instrument track with Superior Drums and 10 aux tracks all set up for multiple outs playing as expected. But when I open it as a track preset everything is fine except all of the aux input routings are inactive and I have to manually re connect them.)

#2 I renamed a track preset after I closed PT. But now in in PT both names show up even though there is only one track preset. How do I get rid of this? (I had a preset named "SD Stereo" then after closing PT I renamed the preset "SD Stereo AVATAR". now both preset show up in PT as a preset even though there is only one preset in the folder)

#3 how deep can you nest folders in the track preset folder?

Thanks, Suke

Suke
09-04-2013, 01:30 PM
I just discovered that PT also creates a Track Presets folder in My documents that mirrors the one you create originally. I had to delete that one too to get rid of the redundancy name problem I was having.

Also discovered you can only have one level of subcategories (i.e I couldn't do Audio\guitar\elevenrack, it ignored the guitar level as elevenrack just showed up under AUDIO).

take77
01-12-2016, 04:26 PM
#1 Can track presets remember routing? (i.e I had a Instrument track with Superior Drums and 10 aux tracks all set up for multiple outs playing as expected. But when I open it as a track preset everything is fine except all of the aux input routings are inactive and I have to manually re connect them.)

I simply create a multi out configuration for my drum VI as the base setup for my universal session template. Then use the track presets for adding individual channels as I build the song.

It's cool to have a simple stereo out kit (using the integrated mixer) as one of the track presets too. That way one can create some simple pattern bounces or freeze quickly during the creative process.

You can always hide and reveal the multi-out configuration for more involved drum mixing.