PDA

View Full Version : Pro-Tools losing Plugin Authorisation

Tiki love god
07-25-2013, 03:09 PM
I just installed Steven Slate Drum Replacer into my protools but the instal cause a few of my plugins to stop working i.e. they are shown in the plugin list but wont work plus it caused my Toontracks EZ Drummer to require authorisation again using up a valuable license! Can anyone advise why I have this problem with Pro Tools (8.03). This is the reason I dont buy/use that many plugins is becuase you instal one and it causes no end of hassle trying to find replace the missing ones. I am pissed off because I dont even know where the disk/authorisation codes are for the missing plugins. On top of that I had bought Antares Auto Tune and cant get that to install/work at all. Any advice/tips appreciated.:mad:

crizdee
07-25-2013, 03:29 PM
I just installed Steven Slate Drum Replacer into my protools but the instal cause a few of my plugins to stop working i.e. they are shown in the plugin list but wont work plus it caused my Toontracks EZ Drummer to require authorisation again using up a valuable license! Can anyone advise why I have this problem with Pro Tools (8.03). This is the reason I dont buy/use that many plugins is becuase you instal one and it causes no end of hassle trying to find replace the missing ones. I am pissed off because I dont even know where the disk/authorisation codes are for the missing plugins. On top of that I had bought Antares Auto Tune and cant get that to install/work at all. Any advice/tips appreciated.:mad:

Hi,

I assume for Slate you used an ilok2 and the new ilok manager? this might be the cause of your problem.

Have you checked your ilok situation for the auths for your plugins etc. or for disk auths perhaps the slate install effected them but i can't ever recall an install removing disk auths like this before.

Installing slate or any other plugin shouldn't effect any other plugins or their authorisations!! i can't see how that would happen to be honest. to install slate will just install the sound library and the plugin so cant see how that would stop other plugins from working, except as i said maybe the ilok manager isn't working right or plugin auths are in the wrong place or gone missing somehow.

If the slate install has zapped other disk authorisations then contact slate and the other plugin vendors and let them know what has happened. i would have thought other people would be effected by this if it was a known issue.

Chris