PDA

View Full Version : Eleven Rack With Another Interface & Pro Tools 11 Trick

Becharax
07-24-2013, 10:55 PM
Hello Folks,

I have a question:

Say I am using an interface as a main playback engine for Pro Tools 11 (In My Case the Onyx 1640i).

However, I have connected an eleven rack by USB and I can still control the Eleven presets from within Pro Tools.

The problem is I need to use the Midi In/Out from Eleven Rack to connect them to a separate midi controller and still use them in Pro Tools.

How can this be setup, I think it has to do with aggregate devices or something, anyone have a clear explanation for such a thing please ?

Best

musicman691
07-25-2013, 04:10 AM
Hello Folks,

I have a question:

Say I am using an interface as a main playback engine for Pro Tools 11 (In My Case the Onyx 1640i).

However, I have connected an eleven rack by USB and I can still control the Eleven presets from within Pro Tools.

The problem is I need to use the Midi In/Out from Eleven Rack to connect them to a separate midi controller and still use them in Pro Tools.

How can this be setup, I think it has to do with aggregate devices or something, anyone have a clear explanation for such a thing please ?

Best
The MIDI ports on the 11R have nothing to do with any aggregate device as that's audio only. On a Mac the MIDI and audio ports are configured separately - you may have to do some work in OSX Audio/MIDI setup to have the system see the MIDI ports correctly on the 11R.

Becharax
07-25-2013, 04:24 AM
That didn't answer my question musicman .... the work in Audio/Midi Setup is what I would like to know .... how about the audio outs in the Eleven Rack ?

musicman691
07-25-2013, 05:00 AM
That didn't answer my question musicman .... the work in Audio/Midi Setup is what I would like to know .... how about the audio outs in the Eleven Rack ?
You didn't ask about using the audio outs of the 11R - you asked about the MIDI ports. If you're not using the audio outs in the 11R there's nothing you need to do about them. If you are then you have to set up an aggregate device. Google is your friend on that.

Becharax
07-25-2013, 05:27 AM
I'll check it out tonight in my studio thanks mate !