PDA

View Full Version : Pro Tools 9 for dummies?

gigibelle23
07-24-2013, 12:34 PM
Hello I am almost certain that this problem has been addressed before but I am a complete newbie to this and I don't understand many of the technical terms used and I'm afraid I don't really understand the manual either.

I could really do with someone patient to guide me simply through my first problem.
Well I second really. I have just set everything up today - all seemed to be in the right place but Pro Tools wasn't registering any sound through my microphone, tried everything I could, read as many posts as I could, but to no avail. So I unistalled and reinstalled and hey presto, the bar which registers sound (sorry, techno virgin) was working.

But now I can't record anything. I have pressed both record buttons, have checked the I/O and I think that's all the advice I could find but nothing. Do I have to uninstall and reinstall again?! This could take a long time...

I am a voiceover artist and currently just want the system to record plain vocals. I was hoping that before long I'd be able to add some fancy bits but at this rate I'll be a grandmother before that happens...

Thank you in advance if anyone can help :-)

albee1952
07-24-2013, 05:05 PM
You left out all kinds of important info. First off, there is a section of the DUC devoted to Pro Tools 9, so maybe the administrator will move this to the proper section. Meanwhile, describe every detail of every piece of hardware involved. Computer, OS, Mic, interface, connections, etc.

gigibelle23
07-25-2013, 03:14 PM
Thank you for replying, yes totally new! Have now added all those details to my signature and have in the meantime found an idiot's guide so I think I'm ok for now. I'll try and find the PT9 section and see if I can add the document there... Fingers crossed!