PDA

View Full Version : Waves license (TDM-> SoundGrid)

sjtae
07-18-2013, 07:19 PM
I have got the email from Waves.
It says TDM licenses have been replaced by SoundGrid licenses..
Isn't there any changes to use? Do I need to do something for TDM auth?

John_Toolbox
07-19-2013, 05:04 AM
If you're already on waves v9, authorization is the same (v9 uses their waves license manager, using a usb flash drive to hold the authorization). If your still on v8 or earlier, you're still on ilok, and you'd have to update to 9, which I believe means surrendering you v8 or earlier ilok asset, and switching to their new system which you can use any usb flash drive as a dongle.

You will still be able to auth waves v9 for tdm the only difference is the added ability to authorize on soundgrid boxes.

crizdee
07-19-2013, 05:15 AM
I have got the email from Waves.
It says TDM licenses have been replaced by SoundGrid licenses..
Isn't there any changes to use? Do I need to do something for TDM auth?

Hi,

Its just badly worded when they say "replaced" Guess they want to give the impression that sound grid is king and TDM is past history:rolleyes:

dream on Waves

Chris

JFreak
07-20-2013, 05:16 AM
If your still on v8 or earlier, you're still on ilok, and you'd have to update to 9, which I believe means surrendering you v8 or earlier ilok asset, and switching to their new system

You will *NOT* have to surrender the iLok license, you get to keep that as complimentary bonus for updating to V9. Which is why everyone should jump to V9 immediately.

Hugh-H
07-21-2013, 10:12 AM
Hello,

You will *NOT* have to surrender the iLok license, you get to keep that as complimentary bonus for updating to V9. Which is why everyone should jump to V9 immediately.

I was cataloging my iLoks, eLicensers, usb drive / hard drive auths, and HASPs the other day and couldn't figure out why I still had an iLok with Mercury v8 on it. That explains it. Guess it's time to buy an old TDM system and build a plugin server.....

Thanks,
Hugh

sjtae
07-28-2013, 05:23 PM
Thanks All! It helps a lot to me :)

Kristo Kotkas
07-30-2013, 02:09 AM
WUP no my Mercury is still valid and I asked if they would update my V8 ilok license to the last there is (I missed updating it back then and I'm missing some plugins from my V8 version) but the response from Waves was they won't update any ilok licenses anymore.

So FAIL from my side this time... I have a V9 Platinum TDM too that I left @ V7 on my ilok... oh well... live and learn.

JFreak
07-30-2013, 05:20 AM
I have a V9 Platinum TDM too that I left @ V7 on my ilok... oh well... live and learn.

That's good if you have a PT8 system somewhere ;) I myself have a tertiary system that tops at PT8.0 and that Waves V7 iLok key is kind of welded to that machine...

I actually had it on V8 already, but asked Waves to downgrade it to V7 as I wanted 100% compatibility. They kindly made an exception with me and I really appreciate that.

Raoul23
08-28-2013, 03:58 PM
the response from Waves was they won't update any ilok licenses anymore.

Can you give us more info on this do you mean they won't downgrade you any more, so if you are on V9 and want to downgrade to V8 like I do because V9 makes my plugs grey out on triple monitors. Are you saying they won't do this now???

TOM@METRO
08-28-2013, 04:14 PM
Can you give us more info on this do you mean they won't downgrade you any more, so if you are on V9 and want to downgrade to V8 like I do because V9 makes my plugs grey out on triple monitors. Are you saying they won't do this now???
Oh yea, this bug makes version 9 worthless to me.

Raoul23
08-28-2013, 04:18 PM

Yep me too. If they won't downgrade I won't be purchasing anymore waves plugs as I can't use V9 at all :(

Kristo Kotkas
08-28-2013, 04:18 PM

I would love to hear what responses others will get, mine was this:

Dear Kristo,

Unfortunately, we cannot supply new iLok licenses at this time.
We can only supply V9 licenses (which do not use the iLok at all).

Hope this helps.

and

Hi Kristo,

As much as I'd like to help with this, due to changes in the iLok system, it is simply not possible for us to supply iLok licenses.
We do not know when (and if) this will be resolved.

All I can do is offer you update to Waves V9.
This will leave the iLok licenses you have in place (on your iLok), and issue you new V9 licenses.

Let me know if this is something you'd be interested in.
Sorry I can't assist more.

sunburst79
08-28-2013, 07:00 PM

Maybe Bob can fix that. I doubt it but who knows.

YYR123
08-28-2013, 07:42 PM
Maybe Bob can fix that. I doubt it but who knows.

Still on dual monitors ? No fix? I bet AAX is not gonna fix jack either

TOM@METRO
08-28-2013, 07:58 PM
Still on dual monitors ? No fix? I bet AAX is not gonna fix jack either

I pretty much agree. Just 3 weeks ago Waves tech support told me that multiple monitors will not be supported. Version 8 was the last of the solid GUI builds.

Waves is hurting bad right now. Not to have the resource to fix a bug like this, or even get native AAX delivered is a shame for a company that was once so respected.

I do hope for the best for them.

Raoul23
08-28-2013, 11:42 PM
I pretty much agree. Just 3 weeks ago Waves tech support told me that multiple monitors will not be supported. Version 8 was the last of the solid GUI builds.

Waves is hurting bad right now. Not to have the resource to fix a bug like this, or even get native AAX delivered is a shame for a company that was once so respected.

I do hope for the best for them.

I think waves are shooting themselves in the foot by not fixing it. I was planning on upgrading my platinum to diamond as they sent me an email yesterday saying 60% off but if I can't downgrade to V8 I'm not buying :(

TOM@METRO
08-29-2013, 06:16 PM
I think waves are shooting themselves in the foot by not fixing it. I was planning on upgrading my platinum to diamond as they sent me an email yesterday saying 60% off but if I can't downgrade to V8 I'm not buying :(
I'm in the same boat with the Mercury upgrade.