PDA

View Full Version : SPDIF Clock Issues with Fast Track Pro

BobOD
07-09-2013, 10:58 AM
Hello all.

Just started working with a Fast Track Pro running on a Windows 7-based PC with Sonar X2. I just upgraded to the new driver (6.1.10 with the firmware update of 1.02, I believe) last night but I'm still having trouble getting the digital I/O to work with a Lexicon MX400.

I'm trying to send the SPDIF out of the Fast Track Pro to the SPDIF in of the MX400 and then the SPIDF out of the MX400 back to the SPDIF in of the Fast Track Pro. The MX400 requires an external clock on the SPDIF In and it's recognizing the 44.1 16-bit digital clock setting I have in the Fast Track driver, but when I enable the digital input in Sonar, the audio playback either slows down or gets garbled due to an apparent clock sync error on the Fast Track.

I called Lexicon tech support and they pointed out that the Fast Track Pro might need to have an internal sample rate convertor to be able to sync back to its own clock, but I can't find any settings anywhere.

Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated.

Bob O'Donnell

P.S. As soon as either switch the digital output from the MX400 back to analog or turn it off, the audio playback resumes to being fine.