PDA

View Full Version : Delay due to plugins??

critictalk
07-08-2013, 08:31 AM
Recently my ex-colleague left us a mess. He finished a ITB movie mix before he left the company. His Protools file included dialogue, SFX, music tracks(more than 30 tracks), each track had been inserted different plugins, mostly WAVES. The finalmix, SXF stems, dialogue stems, music stems recorded from within the file were found non-sync with the video. So if we play the element tracks with video itself in the file, there is no syncing problem, everything is fine. However, if we play the recorded stems/mix solely, they are non-sync with the video. Moreover, different recorded stems have different syncing problems. For example, a footstep in the SXF stem may be in sync, while in the ME stem(music + SFX), the same footstep is out of sync. Is the non-sync problem caused by too much plugins? And if some tracks are inactive, (to inactive the dialogue tracks to record the ME stem), will cause the non-sync problem too?
Our system is HD2, with one core card and one accel card, the video we use is H264. The mix is 5.1

Craig F
07-08-2013, 09:25 AM
ADC on or off?

critictalk
07-09-2013, 06:56 AM
ADC on or off?

ADC on already

Craig F
07-09-2013, 09:27 AM
the DLY in the Edit window green or red? If red the ADC buffer is not big enough or the Hardware Buffer is to big

Also a 5.1 mix on a HD2 is probably running out of DSP (I have problems on HD3 with a full 5.1 mix)

critictalk
07-10-2013, 07:11 AM
the DLY in the Edit window green or red? If red the ADC buffer is not big enough or the Hardware Buffer is to big

Also a 5.1 mix on a HD2 is probably running out of DSP (I have problems on HD3 with a full 5.1 mix)

the DLY is green.
If there is running out of DSP, will Protools show up alert message?

Craig F
07-10-2013, 09:34 AM
it should