PDA

View Full Version : Problem with Pro Tools Express receiving sound from my M-Track Plus Audio Interface

milobehr
07-03-2013, 12:21 PM
I have Pro Tools Express which came with my M-Audio M-Track interface and when I plug in my Bass to M-track and then that to my laptop, I can hear the sound through my monitors but the sound bar that lights up to indicate sound does nothing and if I record no sound is recorded. I tried recording through the interface with Audacity and it worked fine so it must be something to do with Pro Tools. Input and Output are connected so I can enable recording on the track. My recording device and playback device are both set to M-track and the computer says sound is coming through but I have no idea why Pro Tools isn't hearing anything.......??? HELP PLEASE!!!
P.S. I use windows 8

cwsand
07-07-2013, 10:48 PM
I have Pro Tools Express which came with my M-Audio M-Track interface and when I plug in my Bass to M-track and then that to my laptop, I can hear the sound through my monitors but the sound bar that lights up to indicate sound does nothing and if I record no sound is recorded. I tried recording through the interface with Audacity and it worked fine so it must be something to do with Pro Tools. Input and Output are connected so I can enable recording on the track. My recording device and playback device are both set to M-track and the computer says sound is coming through but I have no idea why Pro Tools isn't hearing anything.......??? HELP PLEASE!!!
P.S. I use windows 8

Hi,
I'm assuming you're using Pro Tools 10 Express? AFAIK it isn't qualified for Windows 8, though many people have gotten it to work. How is your I/O configured both on the track you're trying to record to and in your I/O setup? Some screenshots might help. Also, please post a SANDRA as described here:

Help us Help You - READ THIS Before Posting! (http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=300050)

Chris

milobehr
07-08-2013, 01:25 AM
It has suddenly started working??? All is fine, thanks!

PlusMinus
12-31-2013, 11:57 AM
nothing Hear when i Play a project of other one
How to setup protools settings ??

Please help me
Thank you

Intel Core 2 Duo 2.93GHZ
4GB Ram
1GB nVidia GeForce 210 VGA
Windows 8 64bit

Monitors - M-Audio Bx8 D2
Audio Interface - M-Audio M Track Plus 2Channel with Midi
Software - AVid Protools express

John_Toolbox
01-02-2014, 06:24 AM
Go to the "output" tab of the same window your screenshots came from and click on the default button.