PDA

View Full Version : Hey @AVID why did u leave it to AIR to tell us about Inst Exp Pack 1.x End-Of-Life??

kaiserpathos
07-03-2013, 08:14 AM
Gotta say Avid should have been straight with us about their IEP 1.x plans --- leaving 1.x RTAS-only, and leaving AAX64 as a new/fresh 2.0 purchase only from the newly-departed AIR group.

Confirmed by AIR/iNMusic -

http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=341172

AIR does not plan on offering upgrade pricing for 2.0 either. So IEP is be a dead product to a lot of people, regardless of AIR's new release.

(and no, mods, this is not a dupe thread TOS vio -- it's another topic asking Avid a question relating to the RTAS-only IEP 1.x -- thanks!)

guatamas
07-04-2013, 02:01 AM
WOW!! What a shocker, I am very disappointed in this news

I just bought Velvet 1.0 thinking there would be a free update to AAX 64-Bit or atleast an upgrade path to 2.0

What a shame, money spent on a worthless investment that could of gone to something else.

No way would I purchase 2.0 just for the sake of AAX in PT 11

kaiserpathos
07-04-2013, 12:33 PM
We put a lot of sunshine / page views on this issue in that other forum thread -- so there's still plenty of opportunity for AIR or Avid to weigh in. The subject of this particular thread is pointed to Avid to say something and at least confirm/agree no AAX64 for IEP 1.0, to clear up the confusion here, and maybe mention why this info wasn't shared w/ IEP owners.

Best we can hope is that the other thread/e-mails invite AIR or Avid to clarify if we're wrong (easy for them to do, if only to save face) or confirm what Duane Morris at AIR/inMusic is saying about IEP 1.0.

Either way here's the full discussion on IEP 1.0 looking to be possibly EOL: http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=341172

bad jitter
07-05-2013, 02:55 AM
As I wrote in other thread, I bought PTIEP from AVID and I expect AVID to update it to be compatible with PT11. I have not made any business with Air (or whoever they hired to do the coding, don't really care). Come on AVID, could you clear things a bit?