PDA

View Full Version : Multiple Outputs

awakenedgroup
06-27-2013, 08:46 PM
Hi
I remember using Ctrl and Click on the master fader output designation box to drive the two mix (1 & 2) output to multiple physical plugs on the back of the interface. This was back in PT 8 or possibly PT 9. You would know that multiple outputs had been selected by a small check or + sign (don't remember). Is this option, or a new version to get the same thing done available in PT 10?

Thanks

Skip

joachim
06-28-2013, 03:36 AM
Hi
I remember using Ctrl and Click on the master fader output designation box to drive the two mix (1 & 2) output to multiple physical plugs on the back of the interface. This was back in PT 8 or possibly PT 9. You would know that multiple outputs had been selected by a small check or + sign (don't remember). Is this option, or a new version to get the same thing done available in PT 10?

Thanks

Skip

I think the chapter "Routing a Pro Tools Output Pair to Multiple Destinations" in the reference guide (p.84 and p.102) might answer your question.

alexeymohr
07-11-2013, 05:28 PM
This definitely still works in 10.

trakbytes
07-13-2013, 12:41 PM
This definitely still works in 10.

I think the OP is asking if you can route a Master Fader to multiple outputs. A Master Fader can only control one output destination, so the answer would be no, it doesn't. Audio tracks and Aux inputs can be routed to multiple outputs, but not Master Faders.

nst7
07-13-2013, 09:06 PM
But you can create a second master fader and route that to the other outputs you need. For example, you have all your tracks going to analog out 1-2, and they are also going to Spidf out L-R. You create one master fader with its output to analog out 1-2, and another master fader with its output set to Spidf L-R. Now you can independently control the master volume for each output.