PDA

View Full Version : Two Purple Pro Tools Icons Or!

DetroitT
06-22-2013, 05:55 AM
Hi.
If you have Pro Tools 11 and 10 you'll note the same Icon for both.
Instructions are to put the left to right in your dock if you wish.
For me with old eyes the below is an alternative.
You will need an app that can color adjust.

On Mac.
Command I (Get Info) Click in the upper left Icon (For me it's the Pro Tools 10 I'm changing)

Paste into a graphic editor of choice, redo the hue to an alternate color.
Copy and paste back to the get info window.

sunburst79
06-22-2013, 06:16 AM
Hi.
If you have Pro Tools 11 and 10 you'll note the same Icon for both.
Instructions are to put the left to right in your dock if you wish.
For me with old eyes the below is an alternative.
You will need an app that can color adjust.

On Mac.
Command I (Get Info) Click in the upper left Icon (For me it's the Pro Tools 10 I'm changing)

Paste into a graphic editor of choice, redo the hue to an alternate color.
Copy and paste back to the get info window.

Russ at the Pro Tools Expert blog has a nice PT11 64 bit icon you can download along with instructions for installing. Something like that for PC would be nice.

Avid should do something to differentiate between the 2 versions. Like keep the new version purple but make 10.3.6 a bit bluer.

southboundloco
06-22-2013, 06:37 AM
Russ at the Pro Tools Expert blog has a nice PT11 64 bit icon you can download along with instructions for installing. Something like that for PC would be nice.

Avid should do something to differentiate between the 2 versions. Like keep the new version purple but make 10.3.6 a bit bluer.

for windows i think somebody just needs to convert that .gif file to .ico file for windows to see it when you click on the choice to change icon

Craig F
06-22-2013, 07:09 AM
link to Russ's icon
http://www.pro-tools-expert.com/home-page/2013/6/21/give-pro-tools-11-a-64-bit-icon-on-a-mac.html

southboundloco
06-22-2013, 07:55 AM
ok here's an .ico file of it http://www.mediafire.com/download/rp52vd1nz1pr9ym/ProTools_64bit_icon.ico

TVPostSound
06-22-2013, 08:38 AM
In Mac

Why not just right click you session, and pick 10 or 11 in the "open with dialog"?

PT 11 is the default, you can also always change that.

Craig F
06-22-2013, 04:40 PM
In Mac

Why not just right click you session, and pick 10 or 11 in the "open with dialog"?

PT 11 is the default, you can also always change that.

Primary reason, that is not the best way to open sessions. It is far better to launch the application then open the session.

Second, for identifying the 2 version is your dock

Park Seward
06-22-2013, 04:55 PM

Or just add an "11" to the logo.

TVPostSound
06-22-2013, 06:29 PM
Primary reason, that is not the best way to open sessions. It is far better to launch the application then open the session.

Been doing it my way for 19 years!!:D

musicman691
06-23-2013, 03:43 AM

Second, for identifying the 2 version is your dock

Been doing it my way for 19 years!!:D
Craig:
Care to explain just why you say it's not the best way to open a session when a majority of people if a program is not open will just open the document which opens the application whether it's PT, Word, Excel, whatever?

I've been double-clicking the document/session ever since the it was possible to do so in whatever OS and it's worked just fine.

musicman691
06-23-2013, 04:30 AM

Just tried it the way Russ explained it and it doesn't work on the system in my sig file. PT11 demo on OSX 10.8.3. The icon will NOT change. You have to first cmd A to select all of the image in Preview then cmd C to copy it to the clipboard and then cmd I the PT11 icon, select the little icon at the top left of the info window and then cmd V to paste the new image. Russ left out the cmd C and anyone not well-versed in OSX mechanics will have the problems I did.

Oliver M
06-23-2013, 08:25 AM
Actually do do it right you gotta change the icon resource file inside the PT app. bundle.

Oliver

musicman691
06-23-2013, 08:38 AM
Actually do do it right you gotta change the icon resource file inside the PT app. bundle.

Oliver
I don't think you have to do that anymore; I do remember doing that back in System 6 days;)

Oliver M
06-23-2013, 02:24 PM
I don't think you have to do that anymore; I do remember doing that back in System 6 days;)

This is not correct but go ahead and continue to do it like that. ;)

musicman691
06-23-2013, 05:45 PM
This is not correct but go ahead and continue to do it like that. ;)
Would you mind explaining why you think it's not correct to do the icon change the way it was outlined on the Pro Tools Expert site? Not trying to start an argument but you are making a statement without apparent backup of what you say.

SpinningDisk
06-25-2013, 05:58 PM
Originally Posted by sunburst79 (http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?p=2050900)

Or just add an "11" to the logo.
+1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

Benoni
06-29-2013, 10:54 PM
Here is what I did for the PT10/11 icons on Windows 8

It makes sense to include the Engine since PT11 has an all new audio and video engine.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTtVgg2zrAk