PDA

View Full Version : No audio in pro tools 8 (Mbox Pro 2)

Greel89
06-08-2013, 03:11 PM
I purchased pro tools 8 along with an mbox pro2 and a microphone from a friend a while back. I am just now trying to learn how to use it. I have watched videos on how to create tracks and record on them and that's about as much as I can do as far as pro tools goes. I just bought some headphones so I could hear what I was recording, yet I can't seem to get any audio playback. I have my mic plugged in to the Mic/Line in 1 outlet on the back of my audio interface. My headphones I just stuck into one of the headphone jacks. So what exactly should my I/O's be set to? I'm assuming my mic is working properly because I can record vocals through it. But I just can't figure out why I can't hear anything. I guess I'm not 100% sure where exactly the headphones should be plugged in at on my interface and what my output should be set to, but I'm pretty sure I've tried them all. Any help would be appreciated.

guatamas
06-08-2013, 03:34 PM
If I remember correctly there should be a dedicated headphone output. You said outlet!? Your mic should be in an input, mic/line 1 to be exact. green light should be on mic, and if its a condenser mic 48v phantom power should be on. You can quickly look up your mics model and see if it requires phantom or not. The headphone knob A should be up as well as monitor. You may need to find a good mix between both knobs

Greel89
06-08-2013, 04:25 PM
I apologize for my misuse of terminology. Yes I have put my headphones into the dedicated headphone output. I know that my mic is working correctly. I guess I will try to mess with the knobs some more and see if that does anything. Thank you for the reply.

Greel89
06-08-2013, 07:41 PM
Still no luck. And yes my playback engine is set to my audio interface.

FelipeWise
06-12-2013, 10:30 PM
If I remember correctly there should be a dedicated headphone output. You said outlet!? Your mic should be in an input, mic/line 1 to be exact. green led lights (http://www.niceledlights.com) should be on mic, and if its a condenser mic 48v phantom power should be on. You can quickly look up your mics model and see if it requires phantom or not. The headphone knob A should be up as well as monitor. You may need to find a good mix between both knobs

Yes you have provided perfect information. Even I did same mistake and after reading the post the problem solved. SO thanks :)