PDA

View Full Version : ERXP with PT11

smfelton
05-17-2013, 04:54 PM
Can someone 'that can' please pass this question up, unless it's already been answered. Will we need install the ERXP with PT11 or are are the extra models going to be included now. Many thanks....

musicman691
05-18-2013, 04:46 AM
Can someone 'that can' please pass this question up, unless it's already been answered. Will we need install the ERXP with PT11 or are are the extra models going to be included now. Many thanks....
The ERXP is independent of the Pro Tools version in use as it gets installed in your 11 Rack hardware and not the computer as such.

Zarabozo
05-18-2013, 06:49 AM
The ERXP is independent of the Pro Tools version in use as it gets installed in your 11 Rack hardware and not the computer as such.

Not entirely true. There was the need to install the expansion on your computer to enable the new functionality on the ER GUI. I think it was from PT10 that it already came with the updated GUI, and I'm sure it will be present in PT11.

Francisco

nst7
05-18-2013, 07:49 AM
But I don't think that's what the OP was asking.

I think he was confusing 3 different things that are totally separate: PT software, the Eleven Rack hardware, and the Eleven plugin.

The answer is that regardless of what happens with anything else, he needs to install the EXRP in his rack if he wants to have those sounds available in his rack. Regardless of whether the GUI works in PT11 or not.

The plugin version is completely separate, and may or may not get the extra amps/effects included in the future. It may just be updated to work with PT11, but still have no new features added.

Assuming we understood his question. He may have just worded it wrong.

Bill Denton
05-18-2013, 07:57 AM
But I don't think that's what the OP was asking.

I think he was confusing 3 different things that are totally separate: PT software, the Eleven Rack hardware, and the Eleven plugin.

The answer is that regardless of what happens with anything else, he needs to install the EXRP in his rack if he wants to have those sounds available in his rack. Regardless of whether the GUI works in PT11 or not.

The plugin version is completely separate, and may or may not get the extra amps/effects included in the future. It may just be updated to work with PT11, but still have no new features added.

Assuming we understood his question. He may have just worded it wrong.

And to add still another point...

The EXRP is already installed in the 11 Rack in units shipped since shortly after the EXRP was announced. And since the EXRP is independent of the Pro Tools software, there will be no need to install or reinstall it on these later units...

smfelton
05-18-2013, 09:14 AM
The ERXP consists of 2 parts, firstly the firmware which updates the software on the rack,
and SECONDLY a software patch for Pro Tools which adds these new models to the built in 11R GUI that is in Pro Tools itself.
If you do not install the ERXP on your computer after installing Pro Tools it cannot display all the models.

The question essentially is that as I believe the ERXP is included with 11R now, are the extra models all in the PT11 installer, as I don't want to be running a 2 year old patch on my shiny new 64bit Pro Tools install.

Hope that makes more sense now.

musicman691
05-18-2013, 04:49 PM
The ERXP consists of 2 parts, firstly the firmware which updates the software on the rack,
and SECONDLY a software patch for Pro Tools which adds these new models to the built in 11R GUI that is in Pro Tools itself.
If you do not install the ERXP on your computer after installing Pro Tools it cannot display all the models.

The question essentially is that as I believe the ERXP is included with 11R now, are the extra models all in the PT11 installer, as I don't want to be running a 2 year old patch on my shiny new 64bit Pro Tools install.

I would thinks so as they're in PT10 now and I don't see why PT11 would be any different.

Benoni
05-18-2013, 06:26 PM

1)What allows the amp/cab/effect models to show in the 11R on-screen editor are UI files. You will see them in your plugin folder. The first section of the ERXP simply placed new files (dpm rsr) in that folder, so its not a "patch" really, its new files.

As of PT 10.0.1 or so, Avid started including the latest UI files in the PT install, where as before they included only the original UI files needed to display the original amps/cabs/effects that were in the 11R unit.

2) I have asked this question, we are still awaiting what Avid will do. Currently the 11R on-screen editor is not compatible with PT11.
http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/compatibility/Pro-Tools-11-System-Requirements

But don't freak out. PT11 is not even out yet, and this info is pre-release info. We have asked for further clarification, once we get answers, we will share them. Until then, just use PT10.

musicman691
05-18-2013, 08:36 PM
2) I have asked this question, we are still awaiting what Avid will do. Currently the 11R on-screen editor is not compatible with PT11.
http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/compatibility/Pro-Tools-11-System-Requirements

But don't freak out. PT11 is not even out yet, and this info is pre-release info. We have asked for further clarification, once we get answers, we will share them. Until then, just use PT10.
I know you said to not freak out but still it looks like Avid's putting the 11R out to pasture at least as far as PT11. Use PT10 as a workaround? Hardly.

smfelton
05-19-2013, 02:44 AM
1)What allows the amp/cab/effect models to show in the 11R on-screen editor are UI files. You will see them in your plugin folder. The first section of the ERXP simply placed new files (dpm rsr) in that folder, so its not a "patch" really, its new files.

As of PT 10.0.1 or so, Avid started including the latest UI files in the PT install, where as before they included only the original UI files needed to display the original amps/cabs/effects that were in the 11R unit.

Thank you

smfelton
05-19-2013, 02:47 AM

Maybe a small hint of a standalone editor finally coming !!!

musicman691
05-19-2013, 04:24 AM
Maybe a small hint of a standalone editor finally coming !!!
I'd pay for that in a heartbeat if it wasn't extravagantly expensive.