PDA

View Full Version : Setting up Default Plug-ins for AudioSuite and Inserts

jeffro
05-16-2013, 01:49 PM
I have some ongoing sessions that follow a specific workflow and I have a lot of plug-ins installed. Selecting a plug-in repeatedly from its category isn't a huge deal but having a few common ones as defaults helps me (especially when I'm tired and staring at a group of similarly named Compressors or EQs!), so I thought this was worth sharing...

Setting up Default plug-ins in the AudioSuite menu

If you have go-to plug-ins you use for processing, you can add them at the top of the AudioSuite list.

Hold the Command (Mac) or Control (Win) key
Select a plug-in from one of the categories in the AudioSuite menu - It will now be available in the upper section of the AudioSuite menu (it remains in its category as well)
To remove the plug-in hold the Command (Mac) or Control (Win) key and select the plug-in from the AudioSuite menu again - It will now only be available in its category

Setting up Default EQ and Dynamics for Track Inserts

If you have go-to EQ and Dynamics plug-ins you typically insert on tracks you can add them to the top of the Inserts pop-up list (limited to 1 of each type).

Go to Setup > Preferences
Click the Mixing tab
Select your favorite plug-in for EQ and/or Dynamics in the Setup section
Click on a Track's Insert - You'll see the plug-in(s) listed above the plug-in sections/categories

scrnplyr
05-16-2013, 03:46 PM
Thanks for the tip. This is good stuff, which I've read in a manual somewhere but never got around to doing. I wish more people in the tips and tricks thread would actually post more tips and tricks. I've been dumpster diving this category for about a week (back to 2007 or so) and a lot of the posts are arguments about audiological theoretical math - which I swore off when I ran away from home and joined the rock and roll circus. :eek: