PDA

View Full Version : Broken iLok

rhys854
05-14-2013, 11:19 AM
My iLok has seen better days :( it keeps disconnecting mid-session and it is getting quite annoying. My friend has an un-activated iLok still in its packaging he is willing to sell to me, I was wondering if it is possible to put my ProTools 10 license on to this new iLok? Just asking before I buy it off him and possibly end up with a brick usb haha.

guatamas
05-14-2013, 11:49 AM
AS LONG AS IT IS NOT ALREADY REGISTERED TO AN ACCOUNT!!!

If its brand new, you are in luck. You can buy it and sync it to your ilok account and then transfer the license to the new ilok, but you said the ilok is intermittent. I would be cautious about it loosing sync while its transferring.

I've been looking into ZDT, maybe you should too. Contact ilok.com and see if they can help you with the ilok issues and help you to retrieve your licenses safely.

JFreak
05-15-2013, 09:32 AM
1) if it's brand new ilok (not registered to any account) or if the ilok key itself is empty of permanent licenses, then yes you can register that key to your own account

2) in order to get your working licenses transfered to the new key, your old key needs to be working while the transfer is being done. if it works every now and then, you might need to try moving the licenses multiple times, but it will eventually get done *IF* the original key is still functional

3) if you do not succeed, you need to contact ilok customer support.

Craig F
05-15-2013, 10:22 AM
I would make an argument to upgrade to an v2 iLok if it is not one
you will need it for PT11 and some new/updated plugs

Slate has a deal on some of there plugs that include a v2 iLok

JFreak
05-15-2013, 10:24 AM
+1

iLok2 is the way to go. And it is a lot harder to break, too :)

albee1952
05-15-2013, 10:46 AM
+1 as there are more and more items that require iLok2(like PT11).

sw rec
05-15-2013, 04:55 PM
Did you disable USB power management?"