PDA

View Full Version : Is Melodyne good?

tpann
05-03-2013, 12:21 PM
I just got an email out of the blue saying I could upgrade a very old version of Melodyne that they know I have to the latest version for free.

I'm relatively new to the recording thing and I've never used a pitch shifting plug-in before. Is this worth pursuing? I mean, yes, it's free, but I'm not inclined to use a marginal free software if I can get a much better one for, say, $100.

I realize this note reflects I have done absolutely no research :-) so feel free to not spend too much of your valuable time providing and answer.

Thank you,
Tim

Stig Eliassen
05-03-2013, 12:27 PM
I like Melodyne Editor a lot. You can get a free trial and check it out for yourself.

philip888
05-03-2013, 01:00 PM
It is very creative tool. Turn audio into midi. DeSS. Debreath. Create harmonies. Tune guitars and other polyphonic material. There is a lot you can do with Melodyne.

beefpitas
05-03-2013, 01:37 PM
YES. buy it. best money i've ever spent on software. i really use the studio version the most. its very intuitive and integrates well with protools. best part is that you can assign almost all the functions to their own quick keys. great software, well designed, well programmed. no problems with authorization. check out some of their videos to see the powerful applications.

janmuths
05-07-2013, 05:20 AM
To my ears it is the best sounding vocal tuning tool around. More natural than Autotune. Great for all kind of wind instruments too. Even Bass.

Kristo Kotkas
05-07-2013, 05:35 AM
Most music you hear on the radio has gone thru Melodyne

Raoul23
05-07-2013, 11:06 AM
Is Melodyne good?????????? Its F&*king awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

Snap
05-07-2013, 11:15 AM
I've used most of the major "tuning" plug-ins, and IMHO Melodyne has the most intuitive interface and the most natural sounding options...

vinlance
05-13-2013, 04:20 PM
Melodyne is amazing! I track through Auto Tune on an HD system, and for certain notes that the singer just can't get, I will use the Melodyne Bridge to go in and perfect the note. If you're going to buy it, save up and purchase the best one, forgot the name, but it's where you can record multiple vocal into it. I think I have up to eight. This comes in handy when I'm trying to tune four (4-6) stacked vocals that are the same melody. I can get all of them into Melodyne and really perfect them.

DonaldM
05-14-2013, 08:58 AM
I love it! So easy to use!

smfelton
05-14-2013, 03:44 PM
Essential tool nowadays, and definitely the most natural sounding...

albee1952
05-15-2013, 11:05 AM
Don't even think about it...just go buy it. It gets used on most of my projects, and for an amazing array of duties beyond simple tuning. I recently had a session brought in with 4 part harmonies done on a single track. Not only were the harmony parts NOT correct, somebody was tapping their foot on the base of the stand:eek:. Not only was I able to correct the harmonies(saving hours of re-tracking), I was also able to see and delete the thumping:D. On another session, I needed an upright bass, but only have an electric bass. Played it down on electric, ran it thru Melodyne, exported the midi, imported the midi and fed it to my Motif with an upright patch....problem solved.

gives
05-15-2013, 02:44 PM
I just got an email out of the blue saying I could upgrade a very old version of Melodyne that they know I have to the latest version for free.

I'm relatively new to the recording thing and I've never used a pitch shifting plug-in before. Is this worth pursuing? I mean, yes, it's free, but I'm not inclined to use a marginal free software if I can get a much better one for, say, $100.

I realize this note reflects I have done absolutely no research :-) so feel free to not spend too much of your valuable time providing and answer.

Thank you,
Tim

Just get it..I saves me $$ every day!

albee1952
05-17-2013, 08:24 AM
Just get it..I saves me $$ every day!
it MAKES me money every other day:p

Smurf43
05-22-2013, 08:17 AM
All I can say is I grabbed the bottom-of-the-barrel essentials version, and less than a month later went for the top-of-the-line version...and I am broke....:eek:

Case closed....:D

TruestPain
05-22-2013, 07:40 PM
This post alone makes me wanna get it. lol

YYR123
05-22-2013, 09:17 PM
What u guys are making money with Pro tools ?

I gotta quit working for free