PDA

View Full Version : mouse, trackpad or what else to optimal control for PT ?

montreal
05-02-2013, 05:39 AM
mouse, trackpad or what else to optimal control for PT ?

give me precise models if you have suggesions ty.

montreal
05-02-2013, 07:20 AM
is this wrong section ?
whatsection im supposed to post that plz ?

Dirk Reinking
05-02-2013, 08:27 AM
i use a trackpad.. was slow with it at first but now will never use a mouse again!

paulreed
05-02-2013, 09:12 AM
kensington expert mouse (its a trakball)

FajitaTone
05-02-2013, 10:01 AM
Wacom!

montreal
05-02-2013, 10:54 AM
i use a trackpad.. was slow with it at first but now will never use a mouse again!

i ve been told it was way more tiring than mouse for PT ( even fot whrist) ? true or complety wrong ?

BohoProAudio
05-02-2013, 11:24 AM
+1 for the kensington expert mouse. I am becoming almost as comfortable with the macbook trackpad, though. Pinch zoom and swipe gestures are great.

Rawer
05-02-2013, 11:50 AM

musicman691
05-02-2013, 12:30 PM
Ditto for the Kensington Expert Mouse (trackball). Nice big ball, huge scroll ring, and those programmable buttons. Keep the pivot points the ball spins on clean and you're golden. I think this is what Avid uses in the big Icon desk:-)

DetroitT
05-02-2013, 03:12 PM
Kensington Expert Mouse elevated in the front for comfort. (Wrist-pad under the TB front)
Magic TrackPad next to it for variation.
Contemplating the Kensington slimblade TB
I do like the Apple mouse in good condition.
But Big-Ball T-Balls for me are so ergonomic.

zion
05-02-2013, 06:52 PM
i ve been told it was way more tiring than mouse for PT ( even fot whrist) ? true or complety wrong ?
Not true for me! I spend a lot of time @ my computer and I've found the apple track pad doesn't give me any problems at all but the mouse would eventually cause pain in my wrist or my hand would go to sleep. I really like the track pad and will never go back to a mouse. As far as Pro Tools is concerned, I find I get things done a lot faster. Just my experience.

WOTE_Tech
05-02-2013, 07:54 PM
I use the Kensington in the tracking studio that I work at. In the mixing room, is just a plain-jane Mac Mighty Mouse.

Comparatively, I find the Kensington clunky in Pro Tools and can run circles around it with the mac mouse. It really comes down to what the user is used to. I feel like a minority because I don't like the Kensington.

montreal
05-03-2013, 06:43 AM
okay.
this is really interesting !
i dont even know kensington expert mouse !
ty all guys really !!
think i will buy both, kensington and magikpad...

just a question, can we use and programmed all butttons thrue the kensington driver on mac ??

musicman691
05-03-2013, 08:11 AM
okay.
this is really interesting !
i dont even know kensington expert mouse !
ty all guys really !!
think i will buy both, kensington and magikpad...

just a question, can we use and programmed all butttons thrue the kensington driver on mac ??
I've used the programmable buttons by way of the Kensington drivers on my Mac mini running SL 10.6.8; haven't tried it on my PT system running ML 10.8.2. Be aware that there are 3rd party utility programs that help one to use more of the Magic Trackpad's abilities than just what Apple lets one use.

montreal
05-03-2013, 10:23 AM
I've used the programmable buttons by way of the Kensington drivers on my Mac mini running SL 10.6.8; haven't tried it on my PT system running ML 10.8.2. Be aware that there are 3rd party utility programs that help one to use more of the Magic Trackpad's abilities than just what Apple lets one use.

Cool thx a lot !

montreal
12-27-2013, 03:16 AM
Please a question for those who's using the magic trackpad:

Do you set the main click to "hard click" or just "touch to click" ?

I love the "touch click" way but wondering if you noticed it could be dangerous and create may miss clicks or not ....?

JFreak
12-27-2013, 06:20 AM

Optimal mouse for PT would be the ICON control surface. It is just somewhat expensive mouse...

shtik
12-27-2013, 06:38 AM
+1 For the Expert Mouse.

Comfortable, accurate and dependable.

The best international customer support I've ever encountered.

montreal
12-27-2013, 07:29 AM
Optimal mouse for PT would be the ICON control surface. It is just somewhat expensive mouse...

can u supply a link of that icon mouse please coz i dont even know it !

JFreak
12-27-2013, 09:07 AM
can u supply a link of that icon mouse please coz i dont even know it !

This one (http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/DControlES/).

Shan
12-27-2013, 01:48 PM

The Razer DeathAdder (http://www.razerzone.com/gaming-mice/razer-deathadder). You can drop the latency down to 1 ms. Once you try a low latency gaming mouse, the others will be pretty hard to go back to. Low latency input devices are everything when it comes to Pro Tools.

Shane