PDA

View Full Version : System freezes when try to mount Chettah hd and 2940 uw

dunga
06-19-1999, 12:29 AM
Hi!
I'm trying to mount my Seagate Chettah LW 18 giga HD into a 2940 uw for more than 4 months without success. First I installed it into my Power Mac 9600/300 internal SCSI bus and it worked fine, but using it externally into a 2940 uw adaptec card my computer freezes. I have formated it with FWB Hard disk tool kit, but when I try to initialize the drive , system freezees. What to do? My system does not work with the card and t SCSI uw drives?? Nor Adaptec or Seagate give me a solution. I have also tested both the drive and the SCSI card together into another Mac and they worked fine. I've reseted the PRAM to! Problem continues... I've tried to diable all extensions and did not work. My system ( Protools 24 mix ) works fine,but only with a Barracuda drive narrow into the mac external SCSI bus. Would my computer have a PCI bus problem or conflict? All SCSI ID's are checked too! Please Help me!! Well I'll keep waiting for a solution .
thanks in advance
Best Regards
Dunga
Arrebite Estudio
Rio de Janeiro

Steve Rosenthal
06-21-1999, 11:18 AM
Dunga,

You say that the card and drive work fine in a different Mac. What is different about the two systems? Is the OS different? Did you use different SCSI cables?

Have you tried different PCI slots in your 9600?

What is the firmware revision on the 2940?

From what you said, it sounds like there is nothing wrong with the 2940 or drive. It sounds like the problem lies within your overall configuration.

The more details you can provide, the better the chance of narrowing down the problem.

------------------
--Steve Rosenthal, Digidesign ETS