PDA

View Full Version : Echo Effect / Delay.

TruestPain
04-28-2013, 12:53 PM
What is the best method to introduce an echo effect and/or delay durring a verse being performed while song plays.

For example, either extended a word/emphasizing with an effect and/or having the echo/delay effect match to the tempo of the instrumental?

Hopefully this is the best way to describe it.

Phil Ogden
04-28-2013, 03:49 PM
1. Automate a send (level) to an Aux with an appropriate delay plug-in.

2. Copy and paste the required words onto a new track later in the timeline.

TruestPain
04-28-2013, 04:12 PM
Later in the time line as in matching to the tempo/bpm ?

Also... for some reason the method of finding the tempo and bpm in pro-tools is slipping my mind on how to acquire that.

Phil Ogden
04-29-2013, 03:24 AM
Later in the time line as in matching to the tempo/bpm ?

Yes. A quarter note, half note or whatever you choose.

Also... for some reason the method of finding the tempo and bpm in pro-tools is slipping my mind on how to acquire that.

For a session created from scratch, the tempo parameter would normally be selected from the outset (view/rulers/tempo).

If you are importing audio for which you do not know the tempo, select a specific number of bars and use 'Identify Beat' to calculate the BPM.

JFreak
04-29-2013, 04:38 AM
copy to new track method gives one possibility to craft totally out of this world delay effects, but automation method is a whole lot easier and especially if you have lots of stuff to do.

TruestPain
04-30-2013, 07:42 PM
Looks like i've learned new things with this software, when I thought I knew it all already.

Thanks fellas!