PDA

View Full Version : Can I create multi layer effect as one audio file?

jjohns39
04-26-2013, 09:00 AM
My question is, is there a way to create multi layered effects that can be given one file name and stored as one file, yet retain the ability to open it up as it's original multi layered effect.

I'll explain

I work as a sound editor and I have many large sessions of effects that I have built over the years that I use on a day to day basis. For instance; I have one session built specifically for explosion, and another session specifically for dragon roars, and many other sessions like this with one specific genre or design item in that session. When I am cutting FX and I come across a scene that has explosions I simply import session data from my explosion session and I can copy and past my pre-designed elements where they need to be while still having access to all of the elements involved in creating that one explosion. This saves me a large amount of time because even if the explosion does not match what is on screen perfectly, it still gives me the ability to tweak each element until it does, which I have found to be much faster than building each explosion, roar, monster or whatever it may be, by digging through my effects library.

What I would like to do to stream line the process is be able to take each of my sessions and bounce down each designed effect to one file and still have the ability to drag and drop that file into any other session and it still give me each individual file as it was originally designed. I hope this is making a little bit of sense.

So If I built and explosion that contained 10 different elements, I would like to be able to create one file and name it "explosion 1" or whatever, and then be able to store that one file as a normal sound effect and when I drag and drop that file into any session it opens it back up into the 10 different elements as they were originally designed.

Does anyone know of a way that this can be done?

FajitaTone
04-26-2013, 10:06 AM
Region Groups

jjohns39
04-26-2013, 05:49 PM
wow that was easy! Thank you! Wish I would had known this a long time ago