PDA

View Full Version : iLok Error? Help

Rockman413
04-24-2013, 07:47 AM
It all started when I have another external sata/usb3 connected: Pro Tools suddenly said "missing ilok"... then everytime I boot my computer, pro tools said missing ilok, but once I move the ilok to another USB port , I can open pro tools.

PC: 3930 Intel, Pro Tools HD Native

which part could be wrong?

YYR123
04-24-2013, 07:50 AM
Many areas - USB ports themselves could be an issue

I didn't notice what side we are on Mac / PC

But try connecting the drive first and then connecting the ilok

Experiment

Rockman413
04-24-2013, 08:21 AM
Many areas - USB ports themselves could be an issue

I didn't notice what side we are on Mac / PC

But try connecting the drive first and then connecting the ilok

Experiment

I wonder if my ilok is broken.... As I heard that connecting ntfs may broke licenses in ilok, as sometimes Pro Tools dialogue mentioned this.

sunburst79
04-24-2013, 09:57 AM
Shorten the drives file name.

Rockman413
04-24-2013, 10:23 AM
Shorten the drives file name.

Drive Name? or File Directory name?

albee1952
04-24-2013, 11:47 AM
Have you turned OFF the power management feature on all USB ports(called USB Root Hub in Device Manager)? And I would only put the iLok in a USB2 port(not the blue USB3 port) if you can help it.

YYR123
04-24-2013, 11:54 AM
Drive Name? or File Directory name?

Previous versions of ProTools had issues with the actual drive name being beyond 13 letters if I'm remembering correctly

So in the case that sunburst replied to you the actual drive name

sunburst79
04-24-2013, 04:50 PM
Previous versions of ProTools had issues with the actual drive name being beyond 13 letters if I'm remembering correctly

So in the case that sunburst replied to you the actual drive name

I was thinking it was 11. Probably have to check iLok.com.

It used to be that when installing the iLok drivers it would give you the message about the amount of characters in the drives name. If I was over x -amount a lose of authorization could occur. Spaces count towards the total by the way.

I'll check iLok for the exact amount of characters.

EDIT: Didn't find the info at iLok but googling it turned several references of it being 11 characters total.

Rockman413
04-26-2013, 09:01 AM
I know about this . But why everything is running smoothly and good until one day when my computer is connected to my friend's HD thru usb3/esata then suddenly this ilok problem occured every time?

Have you turned OFF the power management feature on all USB ports(called USB Root Hub in Device Manager)? And I would only put the iLok in a USB2 port(not the blue USB3 port) if you can help it.

sunburst79
04-26-2013, 12:08 PM
I know about this . But why everything is running smoothly and good until one day when my computer is connected to my friend's HD thru usb3/esata then suddenly this ilok problem occured every time?

Is it connected via eSATA or via USB? And if USB is it USB 2.0 or USB 3.0? Does changing from USB to eSATA make a difference? How longs the drive name? Have you actually disabled USB port power management?

As mentioned it could be a drive name that's to long, a USB port power management issue. Possibly something related to USB3.0

As far as why the iLok would work again when being moved to a different port to could be that its reinstalling the iLok driver since its being recognized as new hardware on that port. Or its waking the port upon insertion.

The simple answer is that it doesn't like your friends external drive.