PDA

View Full Version : Parallel Processing

DonaldM
04-06-2013, 07:29 AM
I was just watching a video about parallel processing in Reason 7 and I was just wondering what tips/tricks some of you seasoned PT guys have found that work well for PP with PT? I've used this technique a lot with vocal tracks and I do get better results. I am especially wondering about using PP with synth tracks. So what do you all find that works really well?

Emcha_audio
04-06-2013, 09:30 AM
I was just watching a video about parallel processing in Reason 7 and I was just wondering what tips/tricks some of you seasoned PT guys have found that work well for PP with PT? I've used this technique a lot with vocal tracks and I do get better results. I am especially wondering about using PP with synth tracks. So what do you all find that works really well?

Guitars/bass, drums is mostly what I use it for. I might do it for synth from time to time but not overly.

bonfi64
04-06-2013, 04:01 PM
you just make two stem of a dry and a compressed track of any sounds it work for everything, drums, vocal sinths, not really for bass i think, i you ever see famous records stems they are all like this, a dry and a compressed track, don't need to wactch hours of tutorials or strange tips and tricks it just works, then you decide the amount of compression, have ever see an guitar amp? it has often a send for an FX and a knob to adjust it, same in audio world, dry and wet on two channel, i think it comes since a long time this thing

Emcha_audio
04-06-2013, 04:08 PM
you just make two stem of a dry and a compressed track of any sounds it work for everything, drums, vocal sinths, not really for bass i think,

There is more to parallel processing than compressing ;)

Top Jimmy
04-06-2013, 06:37 PM
There is more to parallel processing than compressing ;)

Yeah. Parallel EQing works a treat and can really be effective for subtlety or hard to EQ sources.

Buttdialed by me & Tapatalk

roboman01
04-11-2013, 06:41 AM

If you haven't watch this:
http://www.loopblog.net/tutorials/daw-tips/protools-tutorials/parallel-processing-drums-in-pro-tools/

Emcha_audio
04-11-2013, 07:38 AM
Yeah. Parallel EQing works a treat and can really be effective for subtlety or hard to EQ sources.

Indeed. I haven't done it in quite sometime (since there's better tools for this now like RX 2 from izotop), but at about 9 years ago I had an audio take that was made outside and there was this annoying sound that I couldn't get rid of. Can't remember what it is now. So what I had done is actually phase reverse the parallel send. As it was a mono source it canceled perfectly, so I then went in and dialed it in until I could exclude everything but the Voice of the person within a fairly acceptable loss of some frequencies.

thierryhenry
04-12-2013, 06:09 AM

Ooh nice! First time i've heard of that! Thank you Sir

DonaldM
04-12-2013, 10:28 AM
Indeed. I haven't done it in quite sometime (since there's better tools for this now like RX 2 from izotop), but at about 9 years ago I had an audio take that was made outside and there was this annoying sound that I couldn't get rid of. Can't remember what it is now. So what I had done is actually phase reverse the parallel send. As it was a mono source it canceled perfectly, so I then went in and dialed it in until I could exclude everything but the Voice of the person within a fairly acceptable loss of some frequencies.

Very clever! Not sure I would ever have thought of that in such a situation.