PDA

View Full Version : Maybe add the "reference guide" to links or...

dr_daw
04-04-2013, 06:07 PM
Heyo!

Was just thinking to myself after I spent 20mins searching the Avid site for the Pro Tools reference guide "Perhaps they should add that link to the 'Help us Help You' sticky".

This is the link I found:

http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/en_US/user_guide/en419211?popup=true&NewLang=en&DocType=1082&q=Pro%20Tools%2010%20guide&site=kbase&filter=0&subfilters=&ProductCategory=

Some of us aren't always in front of our PT rig or even on our PT rig when looking for answers (as the systems may not be used for internet). When I have a question, I like to try and find the answer in the ref manual. From there, if I'm still confused it makes it easier to properly word my questions on the DUC and I usually learn something new in the process.

Just a suggestion. Now time to try and find my answer in the 1288 pages of gold...failing that....

YYR123
04-04-2013, 06:09 PM
Great idea

Bruce Paine
04-04-2013, 07:13 PM
Excellent suggestion, and implemented as a sticky here, and in the forum header.

Thanks!

dr_daw
04-04-2013, 07:47 PM
+1 Awesome work!

joachim
04-08-2013, 09:33 AM
Is the reference guide updated from time to time ?
Otherwise, I find the reference guide under :
C:\Programs(x86)\Avid\Pro Tools\Documentation\Pro Tools\Pro Tools Reference Guide.pdf
(and may be copied)

Bruce Paine
04-08-2013, 10:16 AM
The Pro Tools application installer includes the latest version of the documentation. Since you have Pro Tools 10.3.4, you have the same version of the manual that I have on my Mac installed on your Windows computer, and available in the Help menu in Pro Tools:
Pro Tools Reference Guide
Version 10.3

joachim
04-08-2013, 11:49 AM
The Pro Tools application installer includes the latest version of the documentation. Since you have Pro Tools 10.3.4, you have the same version of the manual that I have on my Mac installed on your Windows computer, and available in the Help menu in Pro Tools:
Pro Tools Reference Guide
Version 10.3

Pro Tools Menu - Help - Pro Tools Reference Guide : does not work on my iMac since PT9. "Cannot find the document"

My previous post lacked a smiley, because I do not need an online-link when it is already on my computer and can be copied from there to any PDF-reading device.

And manuals can be corrected/rewritten for the same software state. Some explanations in the reference guide are for me (German) not understandable (Preview/Snapshot/Capture, had to learn that by trial and error).
Rewriting could have been done with the Glide Automation chapter, which was wrong until PT 10.3.4.
("It now functions as stated in the reference guide" (or so))