PDA

View Full Version : Midi light Blinking in saffire 56

flautista
10-07-2012, 07:15 PM
Midi light Blinking(no stopping) in saffire 56 front panel even you dont play any note
or PT !0.2 closed
is that normal??
any way I can record Virtual INSTRUMENT IN iNSTRUMENT TRACK normally
but not quick punch:confused::confused:
everything looks workinkg right:confused:!!
i have a Keyboard connected, Korg one
please any advice THANKS

flautista
10-09-2012, 10:29 AM
sOME ONE??

elliot@focusrite
10-11-2012, 09:19 AM
My colleague told me he is in contact with you is this correct? If not then could you please contact us via our support page at http://uk.focusrite.com/contact-support and we will be able to help you with your issue.

Elliot // Focusrite Technical Support

chris focusrite
10-11-2012, 12:28 PM
The MIDI light blinks any time the Liquid Saffire 56 receives MIDI data, so if you're MIDI device is sending data this is completely normal.

Even if you aren't sending note messages your MIDI device may be sending MIDI clock or active sensing messages, hence the flashing.

Chris
Focusrite Support

flautista
10-11-2012, 02:08 PM
The MIDI light blinks any time the Liquid Saffire 56 receives MIDI data, so if you're MIDI device is sending data this is completely normal.

Even if you aren't sending note messages your MIDI device may be sending MIDI clock or active sensing messages, hence the flashing.

Chris
Focusrite Support
Thanks so the midi light blinks normally ever if i don't play a note on the keyboard, just being the keybord on, the light will blink Im right??
thanks.:-)

flautista
10-12-2012, 04:31 PM
My colleague told me he is in contact with you is this correct? If not then could you please contact us via our support page at http://uk.focusrite.com/contact-support and we will be able to help you with your issue.

Elliot // Focusrite Technical Support
This told me Chris

"The MIDI light blinks any time the Liquid Saffire 56 receives MIDI data, so if you're MIDI device is sending data this is completely normal.

Even if you aren't sending note messages your MIDI device may be sending MIDI clock or active sensing messages, hence the flashing."

Anyway I record normally
Hear your comments thanks

Dism
10-12-2012, 05:25 PM
Thanks so the midi light blinks normally ever if i don't play a note on the keyboard, just being the keybord on, the light will blink Im right??
thanks.:-)

Yeah, if you have a keyboard connected via MIDI cables, it's often sending some data even if you aren't pressing any keys. I used to experience the same behaviour on my 003 when I was still using that.

flautista
10-12-2012, 07:23 PM
Yeah, if you have a keyboard connected via MIDI cables, it's often sending some data even if you aren't pressing any keys. I used to experience the same behaviour on my 003 when I was still using that.

Thanks for answering
About 003
When i plug the same keyboard Korg SP200
To my 003 the midi ligh blinks just when you press a key on the keyboard
Is confusing but as I said i can play and record
Other thing I did
I press rec on PT without play a note or any signalI
And dont have weird data or sound
In other case when I plug my Alesis DM5 drumset
Thr light only blinks if I play on some pad
Don't know what to think
Maybe is not important if the saffire works okay
Thanks for listening
I forgot to ask, when you plug a keyboard to your saffire56 how blinks the midi light for you???