PDA

View Full Version : More Outputs needed??

rcd
05-01-2012, 03:19 PM
I'm mixing with a Digi 192, 8 inputs and 8 outs...PT 8.1

I'm using 2 of my 8 outputs for the monitors and really need those for mixing so I can use all my outboard gear simultaneously.

Is there any other way to route the monitor outs other than using up 2 of the analog outs? Would a D-Box or Central Station help free up the 2 Outs I'm currently using? Any way of using the headphone outs of my Command 8 to run the monitors while still maintaining a pure signal? Could I sync another converter with my Digi 192, like a 2 channel Apogee or Lynx to add 2 more outputs? Any other solutions for freeing up the 2 outputs while still running my monitors?

Thanks!

Rich

albee1952
05-01-2012, 07:12 PM
I can think of a few ways, depending on your setup. With a Presonus Central Station(an excellent monitor/source switcher) you could feed the RCA SPDIF output as your main mix out, then use analog outputs 1 thru 8 for headphone mixes(4 stereo, 8 mono, or a mix). Or you could add an analog output card(to the 192) to give you a total of 16 analog outputs. Or grab an old ADAT machine and route the optical output of the 192 and use it for D>A conversion(for 8 more analog outputs). Or cascade a used 96IO for more ins AND outs. There's likely more options, but these should get your brain humming:D

nst7
05-01-2012, 08:21 PM
As Albee mentioned, the Central Station would work, the Dbox would be even better.

Alternatively, if you're talking about getting a Lynx or Apogee, you might just look into getting an HD Omni, which will give more I/O plus very flexible monitor control (and a headphone out).

TOM@METRO
05-10-2012, 08:00 AM
As Albee mentioned, the Central Station would work, the Dbox would be even better.

Alternatively, if you're talking about getting a Lynx or Apogee, you might just look into getting an HD Omni, which will give more I/O plus very flexible monitor control (and a headphone out).
I'll offer a second thumbs up to the Omni, (if you have the budget).

Shan
05-11-2012, 06:02 PM
Another +1 for the Omni. Even my other audio programs(Reason, REAPER etc) sound great with this I/O.

Shane