PDA

View Full Version : Vocals???

Mainstream
03-30-2012, 04:46 PM
Im recording rap vocals with a Nuemann TLM 102 into the Presonus Eureka on PT 8.5 (digi rack003). Im getting room feedback in when recording voclas. I have a reflexion filter along with pop filter. Can any anyone give me a setting that would
not cause the room's ambience to effect my recordings?? (I've tried the manuals setting as starting point millions of times, what am i doing wrong???):o

Dism
03-30-2012, 06:00 PM
Im recording rap vocals with a Nuemann TLM 102 into the Presonus Eureka on PT 8.5 (digi rack003). Im getting room feedback in when recording voclas. I have a reflexion filter along with pop filter. Can any anyone give me a setting that would
not cause the room's ambience to effect my recordings?? (I've tried the manuals setting as starting point millions of times, what am i doing wrong???):o

Change rooms, or change the room. There's no magic "no room" button.

albee1952
04-01-2012, 09:38 AM
What kind of headphones? Or are you trying to record with your studio monitors turned up in the same room as the mic? With phones, closed back are best for not getting leakage(or feedback) into the mic. With monitors, its totally up to you to position the mic and adjust the monitor volume so that feedback doesn't happen(which can be tough to do). Whenever I need to record a scratch vocal in the control room, I will have the singer use a live vocal mic(which fight feedback much better than any studio vocal mic). I never try to get a final vocal this way(but I know folks that DO do this with success, but they have some special steps that you and I are not likely to take).

DonaldM
04-01-2012, 07:14 PM
Change rooms, or change the room. There's no magic "no room" button.

That may be one of the funniest lines I've seen on here in a long time! Gotta remember this one! Thanks!!! :D:D:D