PDA

View Full Version : question for those with Z68 mobo- which PCIe slot?

jonathan jetter
02-05-2012, 02:51 PM
hi all,

for those with Z68 mobo (specifically the Asus one)

given that the various PCIe slots share IRQ channels with various other things, just wondering which slot worked for ya?

for me, i'm assuming that it's best to not share an IRQ with the GPU, and would be perhaps better to share with the 1394 controller (especially because i'm not planning to use any firewire devices)

is that sound logic? are there other considerations i should take into account?

(i realize it's not that hard to move the card around to each slot, but am seeking to make this as painless as possible).

albee1952
03-15-2012, 07:33 PM
With its onboard graphics, the Z68 mobo's are not the best choice:rolleyes:

TCM
03-16-2012, 01:30 AM
I am in the middle of testing my Asus P8Z68-V Pro/Gen 3, and optimizing my rig. I have a dedicated graphics card in the first slot (internal graphics switched off) and my HD Native card in the second.
Initial testing seem to show 420 Dverbs @1024, processor load 91%. Again I am in the middle of optimizing, not finished yet.

RyanC
04-28-2012, 11:06 AM
With its onboard graphics, the Z68 mobo's are not the best choice:rolleyes:

Z68 here is performing better for DAW with the onboard graphics then it is with PCIe graphics cards. Integrated HD3000 on the chip is not like the old ATI PCI graphics on board of the old days...

TCM
04-29-2012, 04:50 AM
Z68 here is performing better for DAW with the onboard graphics then it is with PCIe graphics cards. Integrated HD3000 on the chip is not like the old ATI PCI graphics on board of the old days...

When I had my first board, which was faulty, my dedicated graphics card wouldn't run. So I used the onboard graphics an it worked.

albee1952
04-29-2012, 08:13 PM
Interesting for sure:D. The only thing certain for now is, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't:rolleyes:

RyanC
05-15-2012, 08:25 AM
As I read it, that was two reports of it working. Did it not work for you? HD3000 is integrated into the actual intel chip, this is totally different tech then the older style that were cheapo gfx chips integrated onto the mobo.