PDA

View Full Version : Using Pro Tools 10 without Hardware

The Saint627
10-27-2011, 11:44 AM
I'm just wondering how or if I can use Pro Tools 10 standalone so I can mix things using just headphones and a laptop. I've downloaded ASIO4ALL, which allows Pro Tools to be opened and shows the tracks, though there isn't any playback through either my laptop speakers or my headphones. Must I just change around my I/O setting or ASIO4ALL settings, or is this an issue with something different?

dstryrwiz
10-27-2011, 02:19 PM
You can mix standalone if you use ASIO4ALL, you probably just need to adjust some settings is all.

dts350z
11-14-2011, 02:23 PM
I had used ASIO4ALL previously with 9, but it doesn't seem to be working with 10. Silence only.

Anybody got it working with PT 10?

dts350z
11-14-2011, 03:01 PM
Magically, today it works. I couldn't get it to go to save my life and had to bring and m-audio transit with me on a trip so I could edit, etc. Today I can use ASIO4all with the transit or with the laptop native sound.

Strange...

albee1952
11-14-2011, 06:07 PM
Its amazing what a reboot will do:rolleyes::D

BelmontBrews
11-14-2011, 08:00 PM
I am very new and unfamiliar with Pro Tools. I purchased Pro Tools 10 a week ago. I hardly got it to operate but i stumbled upon a forum explaining "just download ASIO4ALL" and the error hardware message will allow things to run. Well that worked, but there is no sound and I am very frustrated.Obviously ASIO4ALL v2 is garbage. How can I get a different hardware or allow sound off of ASIO? I am operating on Windows 7.

skipdokter
11-14-2011, 08:38 PM
I am new to ProTools. Bought PT 10 a few days ago. Loaded on my HP laptop, had to find ASIO4ALL and install that to make PT run.

I have managed to hookup my Yamaha P-155 via a UX16 midi-interface and can record midi. Can also playback midi to the P-155. BUT: cannot get any sound from the laptop soundcard/speakers.

I have looked at various setup settings, I/O settings, etc ... still no sound from the HP.

What am I doing wrong? Can someone point me in the right direction? Where is the magic setting that will make this work?

Thanks for your help!

dwells
11-15-2011, 01:00 AM
it works great for me. ASIO4ALL Win7 built in laptop sound card. for mixing ironically it is much more stable than using a 003 in Win7.

albee1952
11-15-2011, 10:20 AM
Here's a "hail Mary" to all that are having troubles, try holding the N key while you open Pro Tools. That will bring up a box where you select the audio engine. Maybe you can select the proper engine? Hard for me to be more specific as I am not using ASIO4All here. And its possible that ASIO4ALL isn't going to work with PT10(check to see if there is an updated version of ASIO4ALL from that website).

TOM@METRO
11-15-2011, 12:52 PM
It would appear that there has not been an update for over a year, or am I missing something?

mBox
03-29-2012, 08:04 PM
Just un-installed PT 10 off a Dell due to the "without hardware" error.
Then I stumbled on topic in this forum.
Is this still an issue with PT 10 on Windows?
I had PT 10 HD at work and and PT 10 on a laptop for field use.
I figured Id use the dongle on this Dell.
Is there any fix to this without having to use hardware?

michele.bartolettistella
05-17-2013, 06:53 AM
I'm just wondering how or if I can use Pro Tools 10 standalone so I can mix things using just headphones and a laptop. I've downloaded ASIO4ALL, which allows Pro Tools to be opened and shows the tracks, though there isn't any playback through either my laptop speakers or my headphones. Must I just change around my I/O setting or ASIO4ALL settings, or is this an issue with something different?

I had this problem, too, and I solved it.

Some days ago I installed Pro Tools HD 10.3.2; I also installed this ASIO4ALL v2, in order to use Pro Tools with my internal audio device, without the need to have an external hardware plugged in.

With ASIO4ALL Pro Tools opened and ran correctly, except for I couldn' hear no sound. So, I worked some days around the ASIO4ALL preferences, and finally, yesterday I succeeded.

My steps:

- Opened Pro Tools
- Went to Setup... -> Hardware -> Launch Setup App...
- The ASIO4ALL Preferences window opened. Clicked on the hexagonal spanner icon to open the Advanced Options
- Unchecked the "HpOut" interface, and checked the "Speaker/HP" one
- Closed ASIO4ALL Preferences and rebooted Pro Tools.

Now the audio comes out from my integrated speakers. Also the internal mic works properly.

Below a screenshot of my ASIO4ALL window. Hope this will be useful.

http://duc.avid.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=228&stc=1&d=1368802260

TOM@METRO
05-17-2013, 07:42 AM
Thanks Michele.

Kiddiepool
05-28-2013, 07:53 AM
Hi,

I tried to do that but the option Hp/speakers doesn't appear, only appears Dock HpOut, LineOut (but with a red cross), MicIn4 and MuxedIn1, i don't know if u can help me, but i would appreciate the help.
please respond quickly, it's kinda of a emergency.

michele.bartolettistella
05-28-2013, 08:13 AM
You could try to activate each one of the four voices individually and restart Pro Tools every time, verifying if the audio works. In any case, you should try to understand the reason of that red cross, and try to make it disappear.

Unfortunately I'm not enough expert to help you more.

Kiddiepool
05-28-2013, 08:22 AM
anyway, thanks for the help i'll try that ...

wienryk
05-28-2013, 10:47 AM
I am just wondering - can I use my Pro Tools 7HD without hardware this same way? Just to install ASIO4ALL and should work? I installed on my Dell - Windows 8 with ProFire 610 and I never could open Pro Tools.

kelco83
05-28-2013, 10:59 AM
PT10 recognizes realtek audio mic in and uses that as the interface when nothing else is connected on my laptop.