PDA

View Full Version : Help Please,

Macster72
06-14-2011, 02:57 AM
I have PT 8 LE and its a fresh install downloaded from avid with mbox 2 mini. Sound seems to be coming out mbox fine when i use windows media player or anything to play music however I get NO sound when recording to a vox track or any type of recording to and Audio track. Ive went thru almost every single file trying to find a mute or something that I didn't see and nothing. Like I said its a fresh install and it hasn't worked since install. Running 8.0.4 and had the same problem last install on old PC but cant seem to figure it out this time. Any ideas?

TCM
06-14-2011, 05:23 AM
PT8 driver is still single client, so when you have Mediaplayer open and go to PT, you will not hear anything in PT, because the driver is locked to Mediaplayer.

Close everything else and open PT.

Hope this helps

Macster72
06-14-2011, 06:35 AM
Thanks for the tip, I tried that and still same problem. I also tried going to sound settings in the control panel and setting MBox as solo device for recording and playback, still no difference. :( Did I mention win 7?

WINDOWS 7 SP1
I7 CPU with 16GB RAM
dinky hard drive, but sufficient
Tweaked with advice from Avid Video for making system run faster

DonaldM
07-05-2011, 08:57 AM
Thanks for the tip, I tried that and still same problem. I also tried going to sound settings in the control panel and setting MBox as solo device for recording and playback, still no difference. :( Did I mention win 7?

WINDOWS 7 SP1
I7 CPU with 16GB RAM
dinky hard drive, but sufficient
Tweaked with advice from Avid Video for making system run faster

I have basically the same set up as you without any issues. My first thought was to make sure you've selected MBox as your audio out device in the Win-7 control panel...but you've already done that. By any chance have you muted the MBox itself? Check the mon/mute button next to the headphone jack on the MBox itself. I accidently pushed that in once and spend the next 2 hours trying to restore audio output...only to find it was that! With that pushed you won't get any sound out of the MBox.