PDA

View Full Version : Need a longer DigiLink Mini cable

stedieddie
04-08-2011, 09:20 AM
I need to run a DigiLink Mini cable to my 192 I/O which is about 40 feet from the computer. I have the 12 ft. DigiLink Mini and the Mini to Digilink adapter needed to connect to the 192 (these came with the unit). Does anyone know where I could find a longer DigiLink Mini cable - maybe 50'.

Any help would be appreciated since the Digi online store does not list any Mini Digilink cables for sale at all(not even the 12').

Craig F
04-08-2011, 12:09 PM
I was just looking at the old style 50 footer and thought I saw that there were adaptors that could be added for the new mini connectors.

Not ideal, especially at length.

I would try one of the upper end stores (RSPE, West LA, Westlake, AID, Key Code)

stedieddie
04-08-2011, 08:31 PM
Thanks Craig. There is indeed an adapter that I can use to convert my existing full size DigiLink (the 192 connector) to terminate as a DigiLink Mini male(the Native HD core card connector). Since my old DigiLink cable is a 50 footer, this solves the problem.

In case anyone needs it, the Avid part number is 9940-61928-00 - It's a DigiLink(F) to Mini(M) adapter