PDA

View Full Version : Question about HD Native

Psychonaut4
03-30-2011, 02:30 PM
I'm thinking about taking The HD Native plunge and was wondering if HD Native includes ADC. ADC as in HD ADC or is it the same as PT9? Thanks.

CME
03-30-2011, 02:36 PM
I'm thinking about taking The HD Native plunge and was wondering if HD Native includes ADC. ADC as in HD ADC or is it the same as PT9? Thanks.

What is the difference? In theory native adc should be practically unlimited. It's HD that limits adc to 4096 samples.

Unless you mean the lower latency TDM provides. And that is HD/TDM exclusive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

filosofem
03-30-2011, 06:12 PM
HD Native offers Hardware I/O Compensation like TDM only.

Psychonaut4
03-30-2011, 06:59 PM
Thats great. I use A lot of analog gear and that's a big selling point with me.

Shan
03-30-2011, 10:27 PM
Thats great. I use A lot of analog gear and that's a big selling point with me.

Just to add some additional info, the round trip hardware latency value has to be calculated and entered manually in the I/O Setup under H/W Insert Delay. This value can only be entered in msecs at this point. From there, that value will be included and calculated in the ADC engine automatically.

Shane

CME
03-31-2011, 04:50 AM
Just to add some additional info, the round trip hardware latency value has to be calculated and entered manually in the I/O Setup under H/W Insert Delay. This value can only be entered in msecs at this point. From there, that value will be included and calculated in the ADC engine automatically.

Shane

And I believe this is available in all versions of pt9. I just don't use any outboard gear to set this up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Psychonaut4
03-31-2011, 04:43 PM
"Originally Posted by Shan
Just to add some additional info, the round trip hardware latency value has to be calculated and entered manually in the I/O Setup under H/W Insert Delay. This value can only be entered in msecs at this point. From there, that value will be included and calculated in the ADC engine automatically."

I understand this. I am asking if it is the same with HD Native.

filosofem
03-31-2011, 05:52 PM
I understand this. I am asking if it is the same with HD Native.
Yes, the H/W Insert Compensation is the same but the H/W I/O Compensation is Pro Tools HD Only.

Shan
04-01-2011, 12:48 AM
Yes, the H/W Insert Compensation is the same but the H/W I/O Compensation is Pro Tools HD Only.

Correct. In HD and HD Native we can bypass the H/W I/O Compensation if needed. In PT 9 and the old LE/Mpowered line, it's always on (http://duc.avid.com/showpost.php?p=1555250&postcount=4). Just to clarify, in PT 9 and the old LE/Mpowered line, HW I/O compensation does exist, it's just always on. In HD, we have a preference to bypass both input and output delays separately if needed.

Shane