PDA

View Full Version : East-Weat QL releases Spaces Reverb

DonaldM
02-07-2011, 07:22 AM
East West Quantum Leap has announced the release of their new convolution reverb plug-in Spaces (http://www.soundsonline.com/Spaces/?id=97b4006ef6bc8a660a9653a3c82bd381). I suspect for around $299, this will be a very nice plug in to have.

PT Lover
02-07-2011, 08:13 AM
East West Quantum Leap has announced the release of their new convolution reverb plug-in Spaces (http://www.soundsonline.com/Spaces/?id=97b4006ef6bc8a660a9653a3c82bd381). I suspect for around $299, this will be a very nice plug in to have.
Which plugin formats are supported, or is it a standalone app? Can't find any info about it.

Anyway, Eastwest and RTAS together gives me the creeps.

DonaldM
02-07-2011, 08:22 AM
Which plugin formats are supported, or is it a standalone app? Can't find any info about it.

Anyway, Eastwest and RTAS together gives me the creeps.

According to KVR Audio it comes in both VST and RTAS. Why does that give you the creeps?

PT Lover
02-07-2011, 09:00 AM
According to KVR Audio it comes in both VST and RTAS. Why does that give you the creeps?
Because of my experience with Play, and EWQL Symphonic Orchestra Platinum.

DonaldM
02-07-2011, 11:52 AM

I take it that it didn't go well? I wonder if the newer systems, and PT9 will help make all that much smoother? Everything I've read, heard and seen about EWQL stuff makes me want to have some of it. I'd like to think it will integrate just fine with PT. I hope that's not just a dream.

Dism
02-07-2011, 12:01 PM

What problems have you had?

I run EWQL SO and Goliath with abosolutely zero problems. PT9.0 + the last few releases of Play 2.x have been completely perfect. No crashes, no anomalies, just music. :)

DonaldM
02-07-2011, 01:49 PM

I run EWQL SO and Goliath with abosolutely zero problems. PT9.0 + the last few releases of Play 2.x have been completely perfect. No crashes, no anomalies, just music. :)

Your tagline says you run a macbook. I'm on Windows system...could that be an issue with EWQL stuff?

Dism
02-07-2011, 01:53 PM
Your tagline says you run a macbook. I'm on Windows system...could that be an issue with EWQL stuff?

I had a corporate gig for a while for which I was using a PC with XPsp3 and PT 8.0.3. When Play 2.x came out, I had very few issues and it ran quite smoothly. I can't say the same for PT9 and W7 as I have no experience, but Play's performance has improved greatly over the past few months.

PT Lover
02-07-2011, 04:29 PM

Glad it's working for you. My rig is old, but when I bought EWQLSO and Play it was stated as compatible. To get Play to even remotely work, I had to use only one RTAS processor. Basically, I gave up.

On a more positive note, I hear that both Play and NI has improved vastly, so in my case it's probably just still old bitterness pokin' through.

DonaldM
02-08-2011, 05:35 AM
Glad it's working for you. My rig is old, but when I bought EWQLSO and Play it was stated as compatible. To get Play to even remotely work, I had to use only one RTAS processor. Basically, I gave up.

On a more positive note, I hear that both Play and NI has improved vastly, so in my case it's probably just still old bitterness pokin' through.

I hope to upgrade to 9.0 soon, and then get something from EWQL. From everything I've read, everyone says it works great in PT. We'll see.

David Cannon
04-26-2011, 08:26 AM
I have recently purchased Spaces. Let me say, I am am very particular about reverbs. I have the McDSP Revolver and the Waves RVerb and have been partial to the Rverb, but Spaces is awesome if you are trying to get the the most natural sounding reverb for orchestral instruments.

Spaces is very well worth it and works perfectly with PTools 8. It also does not tax your CPU.

Dave