PDA

View Full Version : Unwanted Scrolling

Ransom
12-30-2010, 09:47 AM
Hi, I'm having a problem in Pro Tools 9 with the screen scrolling completely at random. Suddenly it'll scroll to the right for no reason. Any ideas as to why?

Also, what are the best settings to record with (as far as buffer, playback, etc.)? I'm mainly recording vocals and keyboard instruments that are played live.

Thanks!

Meads
12-30-2010, 09:57 AM
I've got the same scrolling-issue, but only in the mix window. Edit window is fine.

crizdee
12-30-2010, 01:59 PM
I've got the same scrolling-issue, but only in the mix window.

Your mix window is scrolling?:confused:

Chris

crizdee
12-30-2010, 02:01 PM
Hi, I'm having a problem in Pro Tools 9 with the screen scrolling completely at random. Suddenly it'll scroll to the right for no reason. Any ideas as to why?

Thanks!

Options/Edit window scrolling/ select no scrolling

Chris

Meads
12-30-2010, 02:12 PM
Your mix window is scrolling?:confused:

Chris

Yes, sometimes, when I change the input or output of a track, it scrolls after doing so. :eek:

Ransom
12-30-2010, 03:02 PM
Thanks Chris, did that already though.

crizdee
12-31-2010, 01:18 AM
Thanks Chris, did that already though.

Hi,

Maybe you are accidentally hitting the "down arrow then right arrow" to the right of the pause bar?

This will scroll the page to catch up with playback position.

Quite a useful shortcut:-)

Chris

formfunction
12-31-2010, 10:36 AM
Yes, sometimes, when I change the input or output of a track, it scrolls after doing so. :eek:

That's a joke, right? I hope so..:D

Meads
12-31-2010, 10:58 AM
That's a joke, right? I hope so..:D

It's the truth and nothing but...
Happens only occasionally, so it's not a real pain. Little PT-gremlin, I like being not alone. :)

Sent from my HTC HD2 using Tapatalk

Ransom
01-04-2011, 01:41 AM
Figured it out. Apparently my mouse lets me scroll left and right using one finger on the mouse (first time mac owner). :D

daeron80
01-04-2011, 11:29 AM
Meads: there's an option for that. I forget what it's called at the moment, but there is an option to check for automatically scrolling to a selected track. I think there's also one that automatically selects a track when a region on it is selected in the Regions bin, or something like that. Between the two, it might be possible to accidentally scroll the mix window.

O.G. Killa
01-04-2011, 04:56 PM
Meads: there's an option for that. I forget what it's called at the moment, but there is an option to check for automatically scrolling to a selected track. I think there's also one that automatically selects a track when a region on it is selected in the Regions bin, or something like that. Between the two, it might be possible to accidentally scroll the mix window.

it's Cntrl+Click on the track name and it will scroll that track to the top-most/left-most part of the window.

Honestly I think most people are seeing this from using a Magic Mouse. I had a composer I work with complain of the exact same thing over the weekend. When I went over there... he didn't realize (even though I've already showed him twice) that moving your fingers on the top surface of the mouse will scroll. So as his fingers moved over the mouse his edit window was scrolling all over the place (up-down-left and right!) randomly. LOL

So for those of you with a Magic mouse, just realize the top of the mouse is like a touchpad. when you slide your fingers on it, it will scroll your windows.

Meads
01-04-2011, 05:00 PM
It's Ctrl+Click indeed! :eek: Obviously I accidentally press it from time to time (whysoever).
Thanks guys, I wouldn't have figured this out in a hundred years!