PDA

View Full Version : Help can't bounce to disk

ferry5
12-17-2010, 06:43 AM
Hi

I've installed PT9 on my macbook pro 13" snow leopard which is just 3 weeks old. Now I want to bounce to disk and immediately is get the next error:

Could not complete Bounce To Disk command because asertion in"/volumes/Development/Ws.Preston/Alturaports/DFW/macbuild/../Views/Upopupdisplay.cpp", line 330

Can somebody tell me how to fix this?

Ferry

albee1952
12-17-2010, 07:10 AM
Can't tell you how to fix it, but there is a workaround (until somebody CAN help). Buss your tracks to a new stereo audio track and record it, then export the new stereo file.

ferry5
12-17-2010, 12:09 PM
Hi albee

Thnx for the tip and allready knew that option. I just hope somebody can help of from digi them self. because the last cases I posted to the helpdesk never got replied so the support from avid really sucks, was better in the digidesigndays.

BaileyBass
12-17-2010, 12:16 PM
Can somebody tell me how to fix this?

Ferry

What trouble shooting have you done? Prefs/Databases? etc... etc....

type in Alturaports in Search. It is an assertion error. Good Luck.

P.S. They often don't reply immediately (or ever) to questions that are easily solved searching this site, especially when there are "bigger fish" to fry. ;) SB

ferry5
12-17-2010, 02:17 PM
@baileyBass

Well I searched google and tried to search on the website and looked to the pt9 folder here on the duc.

and Big fish or not, I still think avid should be better with their customer support. If you got sales questions they answer within hours and with problems never! And for a company who ask relatively much for there software I think the support should be better. And I don't want to be burning them down, because I really like the way of working with PT and think they make good stuff but when it doesn't work like it should I think it would be nice if the would answer if you got a problem, and not after 14 days an email with, we didn't hear from you anymore so we hope the problem is solved with out having had a reaction. If I contact Waves, toontrack os melodyne they answer within 24hours with a good solution, that's what i call customer support!

glennhardy
04-04-2012, 09:23 AM
I just discovered something that may be of help to someone having the "can't bounce to disk" issue. I was getting one of the usual ridiculous long assertion this and that messages. I then realized that the title of my bounced file had a forward slash (/) in it. I removed the slash, and no more issues. Too bad computer geeks don't put their knowledge to use and give us intelligible warning prompts. Just sayin'...