PDA

View Full Version : Protools 9 doesn't find/recognize REWIRE plugin.

harry3232010
12-14-2010, 04:07 PM
I've installed REWIRE and REASON and am attempting to control REASON from PROTOOLS 9 via REWIRE.

I'm new at this, but I'm getting there. The purpose of this exercise is to have access to more VI INSTRUMENT RAM than Protools allows.

I've followed the instructions on the PROPELLERHEAD site which tell me to go to my Protools INSERTS > MULTICHANNEL PLUGIN > INSTRUMENT > REASON. But it's not there or at least Protools doesn't think so.

I have done restart, shut-down and start again. I also installed precisely per the automatic installers.

Can anyone guide me in my babbling idiocy?

Harry.

crizdee
12-15-2010, 01:21 AM
I've followed the instructions on the PROPELLERHEAD site which tell me to go to my Protools INSERTS > MULTICHANNEL PLUGIN > INSTRUMENT > REASON. But it's not there or at least Protools doesn't think so.

Hi,

Reason itself won't show in the plugins menu!! you need to ideally create an aux channel or an instrument channel and insert the "rewire" plugin. then launch Reason as standalone and it will link into PT via the rewire.

Make sure reason is installed and working correctly!! before trying to rewire it with pro tools! make sure you quit Reason before try to launch pro tools, as you must launch PT first then create your rewire channel then open Reason.

Chris

harry3232010
12-15-2010, 11:51 AM
Thanks very much for the reply to my post.

I have downloaded REWIRE 1.7 for the Mac and installed it.

When I open PT9 it's my understanding that I should be able to find rewire via the PT Inserts. But it isn't there. The only things I find are my VIs.

Can you help me with this problem?

Many thanks,

Harry

DigiTechSupt
12-15-2010, 12:11 PM
Which version of Reason do you have installed? Did you follow the installation instructions and launch Reason once in standalone mode so it can install the proper ReWire components?

harry3232010
12-15-2010, 06:22 PM
Hi there - I am an idiot - I meant to say that I am attempting to access REAPER via PROTOOLS 9 (not Reason, as stated). Mea Culpa.

Nevertheless, the principle is the same and reaper, which is where I want to load my VIs is not showing up in the INSERTS/INSTRUMENTS submenus of PT9.

Any further advice welcome.

And thanks for answering to date.

Harry.

spkguitar
12-16-2010, 08:32 AM
I meant to say that I am attempting to access REAPER via PROTOOLS 9Have you opened Reaper in standalone first?

phobia1
11-04-2011, 07:47 AM
I have tried both Protools 9 and now 10. They fail to load the DigiRewire.dpm and move it to the unused folder. Has anyone found a way around this on windows 7. In protools 8.03 I have no such problem and reason, reaper, whatever all work. Thank goodness I installed a fresh copy on a new drive or I would have been in a bit of a tingle tangle.
HELP.
regards
F

fork-media
09-26-2013, 01:46 AM
any one get around this on PT9? I'm getting some help on a job an we need rewire.. but its not showing up in the intruments plug ins

I have started reason up as a standalone and it works just fine!

we installed rewire 1.7

and have re ran reason as a standalone.. ( after installin the rewire and seein it still wasnt workin in PT 9.06

the guy is runnin mac snow leopard 10.6.8