PDA

View Full Version : Need Pro Tools SE to replace Keyrig on Win 7

ron0913
11-27-2010, 05:15 PM
I have been running Keyrig software on a Win XP system, using a Keystation 49e controller. I have upgraded to Windows 7, and now have no working software. Looks like Pro Tools SE works with Win 7, but only comes bundled with products I already have. I don't think Pro Tools M-powered, which I could purchase as a standalone, works with Win 7. So, what are my options? Ideally, I'd like to obtain a copy of Pro Tools SE, but I'm not going to purchase hardware that I already have to get it. So, what are my options? Is it possible to purchase (or upgrade to) SE alone?
Thanks, Ron

sunburst79
11-27-2010, 06:10 PM
I have been running Keyrig software on a Win XP system, using a Keystation 49e controller. I have upgraded to Windows 7, and now have no working software. Looks like Pro Tools SE works with Win 7, but only comes bundled with products I already have. I don't think Pro Tools M-powered, which I could purchase as a standalone, works with Win 7. So, what are my options? Ideally, I'd like to obtain a copy of Pro Tools SE, but I'm not going to purchase hardware that I already have to get it. So, what are my options? Is it possible to purchase (or upgrade to) SE alone?
Thanks, Ron

Ron, As far as I know the SE software is not available without buying new hardware. If you have registered your existing hardware theres a chance that you you could call Avid CSA and get a download link to the new software. Frankly I don't know what Avid's policy is regarding something like this.

Cameron M
12-01-2010, 01:31 PM
Pro Tools M-Powered 8 will work on Win 7 32 and 64 bit. Once you install 8.0 you will want to install the free 8.0.4 update to be on a supported system.
Here is a link to the update:
http://avid.custkb.com/avid/app/selfservice/search.jsp?DocId=365011