PDA

View Full Version : PT 9 and HD Native Questions

RuffinMedia
11-24-2010, 02:13 AM
I'm seriously considering making the move to HD native but i have a few questions 1st.

1. If i have the HD Native card installed, will I have access to TDM plugins and RTAS Plugins?
2. Will I be able to use the older 96 Analog IO interface?
3. What are the other advantages\disadvantages to ProTools HD2 system?

Dism
11-24-2010, 02:21 AM
I'm seriously considering making the move to HD native but i have a few questions 1st.

1. If i have the HD Native card installed, will I have access to TDM plugins and RTAS Plugins?
2. Will I be able to use the older 96 Analog IO interface?
3. What are the other advantages\disadvantages to ProTools HD2 system?

1. RTAS only.
2. Yes.
3. HD2 has DSP and TDM with a few other features like HEAT. Native essentailly gives you the same track/voice counts in one card with the same I/O count as two. You just need a decent computer that is up to the task.

RuffinMedia
11-24-2010, 10:16 AM
My LE system rocks and is great. I was looking for a way to add TDM plugins for a good deal. I thought HD native would allow me to do that.

If i got 1 HD card, could i use it ONLY for TDM plugins, and it would run like LE? for example: I use the HD1 card ONLY for TDM plugins however PT would use my computers power for everything else (RTAS, Voices, Track Count, etc)?

Keybeeetsss
11-24-2010, 10:25 AM
My LE system rocks and is great. I was looking for a way to add TDM plugins for a good deal. I thought HD native would allow me to do that.

If i got 1 HD card, could i use it ONLY for TDM plugins, and it would run like LE? for example: I use the HD1 card ONLY for TDM plugins however PT would use my computers power for everything else (RTAS, Voices, Track Count, etc)?
NO

U will be highly disappointed with an HD! rig...

READ THIS (post 16 specifically) (http://duc.digidesign.com/showthread.php?p=1708571#post1708571)

Tom Hartman
11-24-2010, 10:26 AM

No you'll be limited in voices. The HD Native is comparable to HD2 and will run rings around the HD1.

TH