PDA

View Full Version : 11R - Letter From Home (or how I learnt to love the True-Z)

adamqlw
11-15-2010, 08:09 AM
Hey folks,

Here's a short arrangement I just did for Pat Metheny's Letter From Home.

It's nowhere nearly as lovely as the original :( But it did inspire me to find a patch on the 11R that would fit what I was going for.

The guitar used was a Jim Soloway chambered 6 string with Lollar Imperials and a 27" neck. I love the clarity and punch of the 27" neck, but I wanted the sound to be darker. The EQ wasn't quite getting me there, it just made it harsher or muddier, but not quite what I was going for. So, for the first time I ever I reached over to the True-Z and lo-and-behold, when I set that baby to 22k Ohm + Cap it rolled off the high end and got me just in to the territory I was hoping to get to!

This is going to be my go-to fingerstyle/jazzy sort of tone now. And as always, I LOVE the reverb!

Reach over and fiddle with that True-Z if you haven't yet, you may be just as amazed as I was :D

Letter From Home (http://www.box.net/shared/ya786srgcn)

udamann88
11-15-2010, 08:18 AM
This was very pretty................It made me smile bro..........Great tone & playing...........

Thx for sharing your thoughts & tips on the True-Z as well...............

Love the 11-R reverb so much as well.............& your playing........

+1 :-)

mr rhys
11-15-2010, 09:45 AM
Really nice playing man, sounds very Metheny like. I am loving all these recordings popping up lately, exactly what the 11r needs. I am going to have to pull my finger out and complete and post mine!!

VaiSatchAtrucci
11-15-2010, 11:20 AM
What did the letter say?

"Bring me back my Eleven Rack you SOB!" ?

I'm gonna make you a t-shirt that says "Got Skillz?"

Very nice bro! and also a somewhat new fan of the True-Z inputs myself - I though at first it was just too subtle and wouldn't make much difference but wow... I definitely set it accordingly without question every time I set up a new preset now.

brianiac5150
11-15-2010, 12:12 PM
Love the recording and thanks for the excellent info regarding Tru-Z. I haven't delved into that aspect of the unit yet, but your input has opened yet another Eleven Rack door. Nice.

DAR Fritz
11-15-2010, 06:09 PM
Nice to hear the "clean" side of the 11r. Fine job! Thanks for sharing.

59tweed
11-15-2010, 06:10 PM
Sweet!

Barry Johns
11-15-2010, 08:22 PM
Just about put me to sleep, in a very good way, very soothing.