PDA

View Full Version : Need Some Help/Clarification

zeeman
11-06-2010, 07:40 PM
I'm Hoping this is the Dreaded Operator error as i am a bit confused.
just did the pt9 update with the hopes that eucon would give my mc mix and MC control more features. updated firmware and software on both units.
what i have found is that i have so much less control than i had using the HUI emulation.

First off my touchscreen which used to be very snappy is almost useless now.
i have to hit the screen several times to get it to change and it no longer is very accurate to my touch.

all of the great pages that were assigned to the 12 buttons are now gone.
one of my favs was the ability to put all tracks into touch or write or auto read at the touch of a button.
that is now gone.

Another great one was control click on a track made that track the first fader of of my MC mix. that is now gone.

I have many more and i'm trying to stay level headed here but am I wrong in what i have stated.
Do I now have far less control using Eucon and can i go back to using the Hui emulation. i have tried and it doesn't seem to work.
Any help would be most appreciated and thanks in advance

zeeman

zeeman
11-06-2010, 07:50 PM
wow,
chair mode is gone.
that was the best. jog wheel to any track.
is this really gone.
sorry i'm losing it over here.
i really hope i'm just a moron and i'm missing something.
it won't be the first time....

zeeman

zeeman
11-08-2010, 07:03 AM
Bump..
trying to keep this alive.
would love for someone at Avid to chime in.
the only reason i did the $350.00 upgrade was for UCON and now i have less than i did under HUI

any help would be most appreciated and thanks in advance

zeeman

zeeman
11-08-2010, 04:24 PM
At this point i'm wondering, does anybody monitor this user group
I really need to go back to PT8 and i'm not sure how .

this is very upsetting.
The Euphonix site has been down or not working for dayz now.
I have gotten no response from digi on these problems.
Is this just how it is now.
Again any help from Avid would be most appreciated.
Thanks in advance

zeeman

engininja
11-08-2010, 08:16 PM
I'm a bit frustrated with the eucon in PT9 also.
Is the Mix/Edit window follows bank selection working for you? Banking on the controller then needing to grab the mouse and move the screen is crazy.
I tried to get my 2 MC Mixes to work with HUI and PT9 but when I drag the pro tools application into the Euphonix Preferences pane (under system Prefs) it deletes my work station from Eucon. Frustrating!
Have you tried to use your control with HUI in PT 9? Try it in the PT preferences under the MIDI controllers tab after deselecting Eucon from the ethernet contrllers tab.
Were you and Upgrade or A full install?

zeeman
11-08-2010, 08:24 PM
sorry for your frustraion but i'm glad i'm not the only one.

i am a long time user of both the Mc control and MC mix.
I have been using it in PT 8 under hui for awhile and it worked great for my needs.
i only thought that eucon would make it better but as you have found also, its a mess.

i'm having the same banking issues. and yea i tried it in PT 9 with hui and its a no go.
i may be going back to PT 8 as i'm really having workflow problems.
i can get used to anything but it seems things are very unstable with these units now.
I'm really hoping they will work this out but i haven't heard anything from anybody at avid and i have voiced my concerns here, at the Euphonix site and still nothing.
Lets hope their working on it cause it's not working right now.

sorry i wasn't much help

zeeman

propower
11-08-2010, 11:57 PM
PT9 has only a few key features and EuCon integration is one of them. The fact that there is NO information on what "EuCon integration" means and what the features are is just not acceptable. I think Avid really needs to step in and and answer the concerns raised in this thread, be forthcoming with what EuCon integration means and what the feature set on the Artist series is.

-Lee

PS>> So does anyone actually monitor this forum??? Do we have to move this over to the PT9 room???

Artist PM
11-09-2010, 05:54 AM
PT9 has only a few key features and EuCon integration is one of them. The fact that there is NO information on what "EuCon integration" means and what the features are is just not acceptable. I think Avid really needs to step in and and answer the concerns raised in this thread, be forthcoming with what EuCon integration means and what the feature set on the Artist series is.

-Lee

PS>> So does anyone actually monitor this forum??? Do we have to move this over to the PT9 room???

Lee,

In your installer there is an Artist Series with Pro Tools pdf guide that describes the entire current EUCON implementation with PT 9.

JC

propower
11-09-2010, 08:44 AM
Hey JC,

Thanks for that. Is there some way I can access that file before I buy PT9?? Would it be acceptable to either post or email me the pdf?? If email is OK you could send it to
lee "at" propowerinc "dot" com

Thanks!
-Lee

DigiTechSupt
11-09-2010, 04:57 PM
Apologies for the delay in getting a reply here - these forums are monitored, but with a new software release we may not to be able to get to every issue in a timely manner.

We have discussed the current implementation vs. the previous HUI implementation and see why those coming from the HUI protocol standard would not be as happy with the current one. We're going to get a team on this to look at what we can do to get out an app set file that will implement a more 'HUI-like' design in EuCon. I'm not sure how long it will take to do, but we're trying to be quick about it.

Until then, if you prefer the HUI implementation, it will still work as it did previously in Pro Tools 8 - just configure it as you did in version 8 and we'll keep you updated about the newer app set.

propower
11-09-2010, 09:55 PM
Thanks much for the response and to all who braved the waters straight away :-).......

Seems like waiting a bit is the right move for me today......

Thanks,
-Lee

PS>> so funny that HUI is still king...... 13 years ago I worked along side the original HUI team, was an original beta tester and only just sold that HUI a few months ago........ enough already.... color me ready for the future :-)......... think plug in mapping...... graphics on the touch screen.... user mapping etc.......

zeeman
11-10-2010, 07:06 AM
Thanks Avid For working on this.
and back up and running in HUI mode.
thanks and keep us posted

zeeman

Park Seward
11-18-2010, 01:58 PM
We have discussed the current implementation vs. the previous HUI implementation and see why those coming from the HUI protocol standard would not be as happy with the current one.

You should never release a new implementation with FEWER features than the old set. At least make it as good.

Looks like Euphonix has a bit of work to do.