PDA

View Full Version : PT 9 and Focusrite Liquid Saffire 56 compatibility

dira
11-05-2010, 01:21 PM
Hello,

I'd like to know about third party interfaces compatibility with PT9. I own a version of PT M-Powered 7.4 which runs on M-Audio interface + Logic 9 which runs on Focusrite Liquid Saffire 56 interface. I use the latter system just for the recording of several audio tracks simultaneously, but I'd prefer to use PT 9 only with the Focusrite and to donate the M-Audio hardware to charity shop. Is there any info about PT 9 and Focusrite Liquid Saffire 56 compatibility? It would help me a lot in order to decide whether it's worth to upgrade or not.

Regards,
D

apoleon
11-11-2010, 05:05 AM
I am using it with Pro Tools 9. I am using at 44.1 khz. Zero latency monitoring! Greatest thing in the world!

Every thing is working fine except when I change from a 44.1 session to a 88.2 session. Pro tools does not recognize that the hardware change from 44.1 to 88.2 without re selecting the hardware.

dira
11-11-2010, 05:17 AM
I am using it with Pro Tools 9. I am using at 44.1 khz. Zero latency monitoring! Greatest thing in the world!

Every thing is working fine except when I change from a 44.1 session to a 88.2 session. Pro tools does not recognize that the hardware change from 44.1 to 88.2 without re selecting the hardware.

Thanks Apoleon, in the meanwhile I had found a notification on the Focusrite website confirming full compatibility. I thought that PT9 would be released on November 12th, that is tomorrow... glad to see that you have no issue. I wonder whether PT9 let's you use Waves 7 or not. Both DAW and audio interface are great and the problem concerning the change from 44.1 to 88.2 is just of little trouble, it will be fixed for sure. Let us know more as soon as you discover other things.

Best regards

;)

nst7
11-11-2010, 06:11 AM
Focusrite will be releasing a utility software in January called RTAS Mix Control. It's specifically for Protools. Looks cool:

http://www.focusrite.com/us/protools9

drumdandrum
11-11-2010, 03:04 PM
...... I wonder whether PT9 let's you use Waves 7 or not. .....

;)

Of course it does....Using it with no issues...