PDA

View Full Version : M-PT with Music Production Toolkit, upgrading is making the MPTK2 worthless now ?

Ludia
11-05-2010, 07:00 AM
Hi All,

Posts are placed about every second now and I'm sure the Avid tech guys can't keep up with all the questions.

Maybe this has been answered already but....

I have the M-Powered with MPTK2. Making the upgrade I've read for 1600$ I can upgrade to the Complete Production Toolkit because I have MPTK2. I don't want to spend that amount of money.

However there seems to be only 2 flavors left, being the HD and normal version of PT9, is the MPTK2 giving anything over standard PT9 ? I can't find this anywhere. If its not then I spend my money for nothing earlier this year :confused:

Thanks for the insight.

suicune
11-05-2010, 07:04 AM
The Avid tech guys are in bed, don't expect any answers from them for another 2 hours or so.

Your MPTK2 license is essentially worthless now. PT9 gives you all the features of that expansion as standard. Still for all the extra stuff you're getting I wouldn't complain too much.

Ludia
11-05-2010, 07:08 AM
The Avid tech guys are in bed, don't expect any answers from them for another 2 hours or so.

Your MPTK2 license is essentially worthless now. PT9 gives you all the features of that expansion as standard. Still for all the extra stuff you're getting I wouldn't complain too much.

Hey, thanks for the reply. I was afraid for this indeed. You don't hear me complain though, however it is a real shame I spend the money on it just months ago. For a little more I can get the new version now.

I guess in certain situations more people will feel the same about it...at least thats what I read in all the posts flying by.

suicune
11-05-2010, 07:14 AM
Yeah I know, but most of us HD users are feeling far more shafted right now so our sympathy is somewhat limited :-)

I've got a LE MPTK2 system too mind you, and I'm not too annoyed about losing that investment, but then I have had it since the release so it's served me pretty well.

guitardom
11-05-2010, 07:31 AM
They state that their will be some extras for Mptk2 owners, just not yet.

suicune
11-05-2010, 07:36 AM
They state that their will be some extras for Mptk2 owners, just not yet.

Really? Interesting. Where did you read that?

joakim
11-05-2010, 07:42 AM
I might be missunderstanding something here but what about the plugins that I got with the MPTK 2, will they still be there if I upp to PT9 ?:o

guitardom
11-05-2010, 07:43 AM
It is on one of the avid posts or threads. There is so much going on here, I can't remember. FAQ maybe??? Read it last night.

guitardom
11-05-2010, 07:43 AM
I might be missunderstanding something here but what about the plugins that I got with the MPTK 2, will they still be there if I upp to PT9 ?:o

Your plugs are fine. They are on their own auth on your ilok.

Scott Stillwell
11-05-2010, 09:06 AM
It is on one of the avid posts or threads. There is so much going on here, I can't remember. FAQ maybe??? Read it last night.

http://duc.avid.com/showpost.php?p=1690516&postcount=3

Scott

guitardom
11-05-2010, 09:17 AM

Scott

cool, thanks for finding that!

DHL
11-05-2010, 09:18 AM

Scott

Sweet!

That makes me feel a little better, having upgraded to a 003 with MPTK2 at the end of September.

suicune
11-05-2010, 09:33 AM
They're just talking about the CPTK upgrade path surely?

albee1952
11-05-2010, 09:39 AM
They're just talking about the CPTK upgrade path surely?
Yes, since that's the only upgrade available for PT9. Meanwhile, my MPTK plugins are all working on PT9.

CME
11-05-2010, 10:05 AM
Yes, since that's the only upgrade available for PT9. Meanwhile, my MPTK plugins are all working on PT9.

Maybe, but what if PT9 already gives me more than I need? I don't need/want the CPTK. However if they'd drop the price to upgrade to 9 for us MPTK owners I would love that. I won't be upgrading to PT9 for a bit anyways. So I'll wait and see what the email says. Hopefully it gets here soon lol. ;)

Ludia
11-05-2010, 11:56 AM
cool, thanks for finding that!

+1. Can't wait to see what they've got in mind:-). The CPTK is not realy something I need (currently) and most def not for that amount...just for the have;)

I hope they come up with an upgrade path from MP+MPTK2 to 9 for a more reasonable amount of $ compared to just upgrade from MP to 9.