PDA

View Full Version : Where to find Audio Drivers for Eleven Rack

10-11-2010, 09:02 PM
Where to find Audio Drivers for Eleven Rack?

I was trying to bring Eleven Rack up to the newest firmware, and it told me the audio drivers weren't installed. THEY WERE. So I decided I'd just uninstall them and reinstall them.

Well after uninstalling, I realized I didn't have the drivers on any CD that came with the product. I also can't find them to download on the www; or the google for that matter. Next, I uninstalled and reinstalled "Digidesign Audio Drivers (x64)" thinking that it would include the Eleven Rack driver. NOPE.

Still shows up in device manager as two "Unknown Devices".

Anyone know where to get the drivers?

itsLars
10-12-2010, 05:19 AM
Hi,

Afair, I did not have to install anything but PT LE itself. This included all drivers necessary.

Bye,
Lars

muziqman
10-12-2010, 07:42 AM
If you update to Pro Tools 8.0.4 it should include all 11r drivers.

Avid website link (http://avid.custkb.com/avid/app/selfservice/search.jsp?DocId=365003)

10-12-2010, 08:40 AM
But I already have PT 8.0.4 installed. Am I gonna have to uninstall and reinstall PT just to get the drivers?

madgt621
10-12-2010, 09:41 AM
take the PT8 disc that came with the 11R, open up the .dmg/.exe contents in Finder, or whatever it is for Windows.

you should be able to find and run the 11R driver installer separately.

THough i never had to do this, i don't see why it shouldn't work.

TieDyedDevil
10-12-2010, 09:45 AM
But I already have PT 8.0.4 installed. Am I gonna have to uninstall and reinstall PT just to get the drivers?

One of my own pet peeves about the supporting software:

I don't *want* PT LE (sorry, Avid… it's not you, it's me).

I would *like* to be able to use Eleven Rack with other audio apps on my MacBook Pro.

Attempting to install *just* the drivers (using an option in the installer) gave me a bunch of useless crap (including Pace anti-piracy; for a *driver*…? Really?!) that doesn't work.

I'd *really* like to see a *clean* (i.e. without the Pace baggage) installer for *just* the drivers. One that really *works* would be nice, BTW. :mad:

10-12-2010, 08:57 PM
*RESOLUTION*

take the PT8 disc that came with the 11R, open up the .dmg/.exe contents in Finder, or whatever it is for Windows.

I downloaded a utility called "PE Explorer" for Windows to decompile the .exe, but I didn't immediately see files inside and decided not to spend time trying to figure it out.

I decided to Uninstall & Reinstall PT 8 and 8.04 patch. It did fix the other problem I was having (11R Window wouldn't show up in PT and gave a "... communication... " error.) But I still got the error when I try to update 11R firmware to latest 1.0.3.

I then read that the updater does infact work when you get that error message about the drivers being absent. THE TEXTBOX IS DISABLED (GREYED OUT) BUT YOU CAN STILL CLICK IT AND IT STARTS THE FIRMWARE UPDATE PROCESS.