PDA

View Full Version : Superior Drummer not showing in plug ins..

ThunderHorse
09-08-2010, 03:57 AM
Suddenly, my Superior Drummer stopped showing up in my list of plug ins. I reinstalled. Still nothing. I do get a message when loading PT about having 2 drives with NTFS names over 11 characters or something. Can someone please help?

Benoni
09-08-2010, 07:42 AM
easy, change the name of the hard drive. for example say you have a Hard drive named "Recording" thats fine, its 9 character. but if you have a hard drive named ProToolsRecordingDrive, thats to many characters, change the name. Just Right Click and choose Rename. Keep the name to 10 characters.

ThunderHorse
09-08-2010, 08:41 AM
easy, change the name of the hard drive. for example say you have a Hard drive named "Recording" thats fine, its 9 character. but if you have a hard drive named ProToolsRecordingDrive, thats to many characters, change the name. Just Right Click and choose Rename. Keep the name to 10 characters.

The hard drive is plain old F//: I havent named it.

ThunderHorse
09-08-2010, 08:41 AM

Ah it's named local disk f. Thanks dude.

Benoni
09-08-2010, 09:02 AM
the under 11 characters applies to all your hard drives, not just ones you use for Pro Tools, so keep that in mind. enjoy:cool:

ThunderHorse
09-08-2010, 09:17 AM

Alright that's fixed, but superior still won't load and I've done all complete reinstalls.

albee1952
09-08-2010, 01:00 PM
What are the details of the track you are trying to insert SD onto? It needs to be a STEREO Instrument track(and should use the top slot). Also, FWIW, the spaces count as characters in drive names.