PDA

View Full Version : Euphonix system 5 BP question ?

iMAD
09-02-2010, 07:19 PM
Hi all,

I've recently managed to get hold of this console however I didn't have the opportunity to set it all up yet. I have the 408 401 & 402 Modules plus the system computer running eMix I also have the Router Hub.

My Question is do I need the DSP Core to run the system or is it optional ? Also if I want to use it as a control surface do I need the EuCon Hybrid ? Anyone with experience in this console please help !!!

Many thanks

Craig F
09-07-2010, 07:35 PM
I believe you need the DSP core
maybe not for for controller only but, defiantly for any audio console or monitoring you need the core

H.G. Hollans
09-08-2010, 08:40 AM
Hi,
Yes - you need the DSP core in order to pass any audio.
To use as a controller, you need to be running EuCon Hybrid. That may require additional hardware depending on the system computer.
What version of system computer do you have? (261, 262, 263, 264?)

H.G. Hollans

iMAD
09-12-2010, 03:08 PM
Thanks H.G. Hollans & Craig F for your reply !!! it's a quiet clear now that I 'll need the DSP Core for audio. However in regards to H.G. Hollans question I have the computer system SC261 that has 2 ethernet port at the back. Any chance I can use it as control surface without the EuCon Hybrid ?

Cheers...

Steven1145
09-13-2010, 02:32 AM
Hi, the SC261 is an older version. I doubt that the CPU is powerfull enough to run the hybrid app on it's own. You'll probably have to buy the Hybrid option, or upgrade your studio Computer.

iMAD
09-13-2010, 07:28 AM
Thanks Steven, the CPU is rated at 2.8 GHZ wouldn't that be enough to run hybrid ?

H.G. Hollans
09-28-2010, 09:06 AM
There are a couple of issues here.
The highest version of eMix software that is supported with a 261 computer is 2.9.
In order to run Hybrid, you need at least version 3.

So, the first requirement is a new system computer. Then, you can add the Hybrid option with the purchase of a 254h hybrid pilot.

Another option would be to purchase the all-in-one SC264d which includes the DSP core AND hybrid pilot in one box.

There may be other factors that would affect your system's ability to work with either option above. So my best advice is for you to talk with the local Sales office to determine your system's specific requirements.