PDA

View Full Version : Waves Plugs & Windows 7 64 bit ???

Mr. Kelly
07-26-2010, 08:50 AM
Hi All,

I'm about to upgrade to W7 64 bit, PT 8.04 and Waves 7.

How many are using Waves in this combo successfully? Any problems I should anticipate?

The tech page at Waves say that they're not at W7 64 bit, yet, but I see some on here that are using this combo. How's it going?

Any comments would be appreciated!

Cheers,

MK

spkguitar
07-26-2010, 09:03 AM
Previous post (http://duc.digidesign.com/showpost.php?p=1634841&postcount=2)

Search function works. ;)

rqstudio
07-26-2010, 09:26 AM
Too funny Spk:p

Mr. Kelly
07-26-2010, 10:07 AM
Previous post (http://duc.digidesign.com/showpost.php?p=1634841&postcount=2)

Search function works. ;)

Ok, then, since you are on here to generously and selflessly help those in need, why don't YOU use your clearly superlative experience with the field and try searching the subject... and see what you come up with. You can report back to me.

I wouldn't have posted this question on here without doing prior research. I was addressing those who are truly interested in helping others.

Meads
07-26-2010, 10:48 AM
I'm using Waves Gold V7 with Win7 64Bit and PT LE 8.0.4, and I had major issues.
I then contacted waves support, and they came up with a helpful response. Since, everything is running pretty well.

You find my thread (including the answer from waves) here:

http://duc.digidesign.com/showthread.php?t=278542&page=2

spkguitar
07-26-2010, 11:13 AM
Ok, then, since you are on here to generously and selflessly help those in need, why don't YOU use your clearly superlative experience with the field and try searching the subject... and see what you come up with. You can report back to me.
That's exactly what I did when I posted the link to Tom@metro's post. :D:cool: I did have to sift through a ton of garbage posts, and try several search phrases (Windows 7, W7/64, etc), but I eventually found it.

I trust his experience in the matter, as well as his communication directly with the Waves folks.
I was directing you to that post, as that is the information that I trust in getting my Waves plugins working for W7/64. I was genuinely trying to be helpful.

Take it as you will.

Mr. Kelly
07-26-2010, 11:15 AM
I'm using Waves Gold V7 with Win7 64Bit and PT LE 8.0.4, and I had major issues.
I then contacted waves support, and they came up with a helpful response. Since, everything is running pretty well.

Thank you for your post! That's great that you got it working... not so great you had to go through the pain!!!:mad:

It was actually your problem that precipitated me to post this thread... so thank you for your input!

I guess, with Waves and W7 64 bit, folks have been getting it working, even if it's not yet supported. It's no surprise that there's still bugs to iron out.

Mr. Kelly
07-26-2010, 11:20 AM
That's exactly what I did when I posted the link to Tom@metro's post. :D:cool: I did have to sift through a ton of garbage posts, and try several search phrases (Windows 7, W7/64, etc), but I eventually found it.

I trust his experience in the matter, as well as his communication directly with the Waves folks.
I was directing you to that post, as that is the information that I trust in getting my Waves plugins working for W7/64. I was genuinely trying to be helpful.

Take it as you will.

Terribly sorry spkguitar. I took your post as flippant. Folks have been that way on here, as I'm sure you know.

Thank you for your link. I had seen the Tom post awhile back, but thought it would be good to hear from "everyday" users, to see if there were any other stories.

Thanks again for your effort, and sorry to have jumped to the wrong conclusion... I owe you the opportunity to unleash an authentically annoying response to another of my questions, ok?? :rolleyes:

MK

mykhal c
07-26-2010, 11:26 AM

Thank you for your post! That's great that you got it working... not so great you had to go through the pain!!!:mad:

It was actually your problem that precipitated me to post this thread... so thank you for your input!

I guess, with Waves and W7 64 bit, folks have been getting it working, even if it's not yet supported. It's no surprise that there's still bugs to iron out.

ok...i could be way off base with this but i 'THINK' Meads situation is a hit due to maybe him usin' Deutsch as his software language. i remember seein' a similar hit on GS. but again...don't quote me on this one. just wanted to throw that out there...just in case;)

Meads
07-26-2010, 11:38 AM
ok...i could be way off base with this but i 'THINK' Meads situation is a hit due to maybe him usin' Deutsch as his software language. i remember seein' a similar hit on GS. but again...don't quote me on this one. just wanted to throw that out there...just in case;)

You're not entirely wrong with your assumption. :-) But then again it's not fully true as well. For the "Deutsch" part (which is a generally european problem, as far as I understood) it's the "change digits, commas, etc" part of wave's solution-mail.
But I found that out myself before I got the email, and changing these settings didn't change anything. Still had the same troubles.
So it must have been one of the other steps, that killed this devil.
And like I said, it is running without any further problems so far, and I'm working with it every day. So from my end I can say, that Waves V7 with Win7 64Bit is a go.

mykhal c
07-26-2010, 11:43 AM
You're not entirely wrong with your assumption. :-) But then again it's not fully true as well. For the "Deutsch" part (which is a generally european problem, as far as I understood) it's the "change digits, commas, etc" part of wave's solution-mail.
But I found that out myself before I got the email, and changing these settings didn't change anything. Still had the same troubles.
So it must have been one of the other steps, that killed this devil.
And like I said, it is running without any further problems so far, and I'm working with it every day. So from my end I can say, that Waves V7 with Win7 64Bit is a go.

thanks for the clarification:cool::-)

shea
07-26-2010, 11:55 AM
Hi All,

I'm about to upgrade to W7 64 bit, PT 8.04 and Waves 7.

How many are using Waves in this combo successfully? Any problems I should anticipate?

The tech page at Waves say that they're not at W7 64 bit, yet, but I see some on here that are using this combo. How's it going?

Any comments would be appreciated!

Cheers,

MK
I find this thread a bit weird since I have waves mercury v5 running on 8.0.4 win7 64 bit with out a problem of any kind.The only thing is that it takes pt longer to load a session,but its worth the hasle.

shea

Mr. Kelly
07-26-2010, 12:09 PM
I find this thread a bit weird since I have waves mercury v5 running on 8.0.4 win7 64 bit with out a problem of any kind.The only thing is that it takes pt longer to load a session,but its worth the hasle.

shea

Hmmm.... interesting development, Captain.

I wonder if I should hold on to my dinosaur Waves 4.0 version and just try to see what happens when I load them into my impending W7 64 and PT 8.04! You never know, might not explode.

shea
07-26-2010, 12:48 PM
Hmmm.... interesting development, Captain.

I wonder if I should hold on to my dinosaur Waves 4.0 version and just try to see what happens when I load them into my impending W7 64 and PT 8.04! You never know, might not explode.

I dont know about v4 but with 5 all you do is load and away you go.

shea

mykhal c
07-26-2010, 02:40 PM
I dont know about v4 but with 5 all you do is load and away you go.

shea

yep...here too. IIRC maybe one plug whose graphics are hosed...all others good to go.

Violet
07-26-2010, 03:06 PM
I'm running waves v6 and since the 8.0.4 I can bring up a waves plugin but the interface GUI is blank. Therefore, and obviously unusable.

pianosound
07-27-2010, 12:17 AM
I'm using Waves 6.0.6 with Pt's 8.0.4 W7 64,,,, no probs yet,,,,,!!(NOCK ON WOOD!!)