PDA

View Full Version : Recording drums using plugin for PT LE 8

thienbanguyen
06-24-2010, 01:29 PM
I'm a guitarist and new to Pro Tools. I'm looking for a decent drum plugin that has more latin favor type of presets that allow easy drag and drop? I read quiet a few forums so far and i see EZDrummer, Striker, or Superior 2.0 but I'm not sure what type of presets that they have. Any advise please?

Julia B
06-26-2010, 12:25 PM
Addictive Drums from XLN. Drag and drop. There are loops inside of the loops. You can also use the midi editor and do some changes. There are fills, buildups, tons of different beats from retro rnr to jazz to metal and most everything in between. Sound is excellent. Easy to use. Deep program, too. You can use it simply as drag and drop or go in an tune the kits, adjust compression, change mic positions, adjust mic levels, adjust other effects within the plugin.

What I usually do is do a quick drag and drop thing for a throw away track, bus that to a stereo audio track. Then when everything is pretty final, I'll go back and make a real one. Then bus it to a stereo audio track and make the instrument track inactive.

thienbanguyen
06-28-2010, 10:54 AM
Julia,

Thank you so much for giving some tips. I did download the trial version of Addictive Drum to see if that's what I need. So far, the few presets in the trial sound pretty ok. Now, my lack of knowledge kicks in, using pro tools to record it. I was able to open a new stereo audio track and select the addictive drum as plugin. How do I "drag and drop" the drum beat onto the track? Can you please share some of the detailed steps? From what you mentioned, sounds like this is what I need, simple and sounds great. For now, I need it to be as simple as possible so using the presets and adding fills and buildups should be good enough. Also, how do i "bus" a track to another track like you said? By the way, does the addictive drum XLN have presets beat like chacha, tango, rumba, etc...latin based rhythms? Thanks for all the help!