PDA

View Full Version : Great news

Steven1145
04-27-2010, 01:41 AM
As a System5, Nuendo and PT user, I'm glad to hear that Eucon is turning into THE controller standard :)

For those who are on Facebook, there is a System5 user group also here (http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=96646683640).

In any case kudos to AVID for creating forums on the DUC for Euphonix users :D

BradLyons
04-27-2010, 04:27 AM
Hey wait a minute, you're not allowed to sing praises or have positive posts about what's going on here......this forum is just for complaining and the complainers!!!! :D

Steven1145
04-27-2010, 05:33 AM
That's what you get for buying Euphonix... lotsa happy customers :D

Craig F
04-27-2010, 12:10 PM
That's what you get for buying Euphonix... lotsa happy customers :D

I'll be happy when it works

farhadkd
04-29-2010, 04:22 AM
Hey Steven,

were'nt you the first pissed off guy on FB as regards Avid acquiring Euphonix when the announcement was made? :eek::D

Steven1145
04-29-2010, 06:40 AM
Yes I was. I was in quite a state of shock. Since then, I have managed to:
#1 take a deep breath
#2 receive quite a lot of info from Euphonix who, without letting any cats out of any bags, did tell me that it was not going to be the nightmare I thought it would be.
#3 receive info from other sources who all point to a more open AVID.

So with things put in perspective, it does turn out to be good news whereas to start with I thought that our Nuendo + System5 combo was on it's last legs. I'm sure that in not too long we'll be boasting about complete Eucon control of PT as a an added feature to our (mainly Nuendo) studio, instead of crying about losing Nuendo Eucon.

Now of course we still need to see all this happen ;)

John Neff
05-03-2010, 12:22 PM
As a long time CS-series analog user (currently CS-3000/96), I think this is great news, as I believe Avid will breathe new life into the company. But I want to thank Martin Kloiber, Andy Wild and others for maintaining the company. Though the CS-series is long discontinued, it would be great to see its MixView automation software updated and ported over to a Mac platform. It is still a great analog console, misunderstood by many in its day, but the progenitor of the soft desk assignable controller, that is all too familiar to any digital console user of today.

kooz
12-12-2010, 02:06 PM
As a long time CS-series analog user (currently CS-3000/96), I think this is great news, as I believe Avid will breathe new life into the company. But I want to thank Martin Kloiber, Andy Wild and others for maintaining the company. Though the CS-series is long discontinued, it would be great to see its MixView automation software updated and ported over to a Mac platform. It is still a great analog console, misunderstood by many in its day, but the progenitor of the soft desk assignable controller, that is all too familiar to any digital console user of today.

YES!!! I'll second the motion, being a CS2000 owner myself.