PDA

View Full Version : Quickly changing a send to pre/post on all channels?

Scott Helmke
04-21-2010, 07:37 AM
Is there a quick and easy way to change the pre/post setting on all channels to a particular aux send? So far I haven't been able to find anything either here or in the manual.

noclevername
04-21-2010, 08:20 AM
I assume you have a profile surface, since I have the same problem. The only way to do it is from the screen. A suggestion has been made to me by Sheldon that if you know that you are going to have all channels pre on that particular aux to go in and double click the channel numbers on the bottom of the screen and it is a quick way to multi-select all channels, then engage the pre from there. That way you dont have to worry about selecting pre each time. Hope that helps.

Sheldon Radford
04-21-2010, 08:59 AM
Hi,

Brian's described the approach that is usually the fastest. The console equivalent of this is to hold the Multi Select button (to the left of the faders), select the channels you want to change, then press the PRE button on the Aux send your wish to toggle pre/post.

Don't forget to exit out of the Multi Select mode by pressing the Cancel button, of by selecting any unselected channel - anything you do while Multi Select mode is active affects all selected channels. :eek:

Sheldon

Scott Helmke
04-21-2010, 10:11 AM
Excellent, I'll try that next time. I tend to forget about that whole multi-select thing.

We've got a D-Show surface, a Profile surface, and a SC48. :cool:

noclevername
04-21-2010, 10:12 AM
Hey Sheldon,
Slightly off topic, but what happens if you are in multi-select and you change something like a compressor setting, which has different values in the other channels? I would expect them to all do the same thing, but then again, I have yet to confirm.

Sheldon Radford
04-21-2010, 11:10 AM
Hi Brian,

While in multi-select, moving a control will adjust all other linked controls by the same relative amount, until the point that the control reaches its maximum or minimum. The easiest way to try this is to take two channels, create an offset between the two faders, then move them up/down over the full range to get a sense for the behavior.

Sheldon