PDA

View Full Version : fcb1010 w/eleven rack

Rob487
04-18-2010, 03:49 PM
I'm trying to get the behringer fcb1010 to work with the Eleven rack. I have the UNO chip installed. I just want the 1-5 to switch through rigs and 6-10 for stomp box. Plus pedal A - volume and pedal B - wah (of course wah only if enabled in the rig). I think I have read just about everything I could find about it but it seems the more I read the more confused I get lol. If someone can give me step by step on how to get this to work with the 11r or if they have a SysEx file I could use I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks

robertmonroe
04-19-2010, 09:23 AM
I have my FCB working good with Eleven Rack, I also have the UNO chip.

I set it up pretty good everything works, banks (a,b,c,d,etc...), presets, stomp boxes, wah and volume pedals, it all works!

I have the SYSEX File

Robert

nxsneil
04-19-2010, 03:49 PM
Robert,

I'm still having a few probs setting up my FCB1010 would you mind emailing me your sysex file so I can compare please? to [email protected]

Thanks

robertmonroe
04-19-2010, 09:33 PM
You can download from the links I posted here:

http://duc.digidesign.com/showthread.php?t=272127

Rob487
04-20-2010, 01:33 PM
Thanks for posting. One question. I have the midi cables hooked up from the 11r to the fcb and back. Am I suppose to use a midi cable with a usb end to plug the fcb into the computer to use the editor? The way it is now when I check the firmware it says unknown. Thanks again for your help (I'm obviously new to this midi stuff).

robertmonroe
04-20-2010, 02:15 PM
Use 2 MIDI cables. The "in" from the FCB goes to the "out" on the 11R. The "out" on the FCB goes to the "in" on the 11R. You need to use both cables to properly program the FCB.

Robert Monroe

Rob487
04-20-2010, 05:47 PM
Thanks, yeah I have both cables connected.

therealmf
04-21-2010, 12:32 AM
Do I need a USB-Midi-interface to load the SysEx-file?

robertmonroe
04-21-2010, 09:51 AM
Do I need a USB-Midi-interface to load the SysEx-file?

No just plug the midi cables into the FCB and 11R and then connect the 11R to the computer with USB cable. An fire up the FCB1010 editor.

Robert Monroe

therealmf
04-21-2010, 09:54 AM
Now, THAT is cool ;-) Thanks, Robert!

Serge01
08-06-2010, 09:43 AM
You can download from the links I posted here:

http://duc.digidesign.com/showthread.php?t=272127

I Robert, I recently bough an Eleven Rack and a behringer fcb1010 and
Of Course, just like all the others, having problems programming the controller.
I've installed the fcb editor and if you don't mind, could you sent me your sysex file just so I have something to start with. ( email : [email protected] )
Thanks you
Serge

Benoni
08-06-2010, 09:52 AM
I Robert, I recently bough an Eleven Rack and a behringer fcb1010 and
Of Course, just like all the others, having problems programming the controller.
I've installed the fcb editor and if you don't mind, could you sent me your sysex file just so I have something to start with. ( email : [email protected] )
Thanks you
Serge

Robert hasnt been around for awhile, but i have the sysex file,you could just use the FCB editor and read the Eleven Rack book and input the correct CC# in the editor. I cant upload his work, but i will make one for you or anyone and it will be exactly the same.

Do you have the Uno chip, because Im not sure how the stomp boxes will work without the Uno chip.

muziqman
08-06-2010, 10:20 AM
I believe stompbox abilities only come with the latest Uno chip. 1.0.2f So to make your life a whole lot easier I would recommend getting your hands it. Sure you could try programing a new sysex file to work without the Uno chip but there are still alot of bugs in the original behringer eprom. Even if you get the newest behringer eprom, you still won't get the same functionallity. This is not from personal experience, just from what I've read on the subject. My fcb101 is in the hands of UPS and will be at my door on sunday/monday. Thankfully I got one that has the Uno chip already installed... I just am not sure which one LOL. gota love ebay. I will be joining the fcb club shortly. :D:D

Benoni
08-06-2010, 11:02 AM
I believe stompbox abilities only come with the latest Uno chip. 1.0.2f So to make your life a whole lot easier I would recommend getting your hands it. Sure you could try programing a new sysex file to work without the Uno chip but there are still alot of bugs in the original behringer eprom. Even if you get the newest behringer eprom, you still won't get the same functionallity. This is not from personal experience, just from what I've read on the subject. My fcb101 is in the hands of UPS and will be at my door on sunday/monday. Thankfully I got one that has the Uno chip already installed... I just am not sure which one LOL. gota love ebay. I will be joining the fcb club shortly. :D:D

cool, glad you finally found one with the Uno chip. I actually have both eProms, so maybe I'll check out what happens with the 11R sysex file and the original eprom. But yes according to what iv also read without the Uno, you wont get the Stomp Box ability.

Benoni
08-06-2010, 12:28 PM
i made an Eleven Rack sysex file for the Behringer controller with the Uno since Roberts keeps getting taken down and he has not been around for awhile to re-up it.

Mine is exactly the same (since the CC# are the same no matter who makes it :p)

just post here if you want it and i'll up it, or email me.

mmasonmusic
11-04-2010, 07:54 PM
Would you be able to email me the file? It's not up on the site you linked to anymore.

[email protected]

cessnapilot
11-05-2010, 12:34 AM
Extensive Must-Read FCB1010 Thread (http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=272127)

Benoni
11-05-2010, 07:22 AM
Would you be able to email me the file? It's not up on the site you linked to anymore.

[email protected]

Here you go

http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=284782

eddiewouldgo
11-05-2010, 04:30 PM
I have question. When in stomp mode, I can turn on/off individual effects.
But when switch to a patch with distortion on by default the distortion is off, I have to press the button to turn it on. Can the fcb1010 reflect how a patch is already set up in 11r when switched to. Like distortion on, way on, delay off. Or am I asking too much?

cessnapilot
11-05-2010, 04:39 PM
As soon as you make a change (in this casa a pedal change) the save button will turn red. If you want the preset/rig to be in this configuration when you leave it and come back you have to save the preset again. If not, when you make a change, leave the preset for another, then come back the preset will be the previous saved version, the way it was before you made a stompbox on/off change.

eddiewouldgo
11-05-2010, 07:27 PM
As soon as you make a change (in this casa a pedal change) the save button will turn red. If you want the preset/rig to be in this configuration when you leave it and come back you have to save the preset again. If not, when you make a change, leave the preset for another, then come back the preset will be the previous saved version, the way it was before you made a stompbox on/off change.

Let's say I gave a patch saved with distortion on only. I turn on 11r and fcb1010 and select this patch. The distortion is off even my saved patch has it on. Can I have the fcb1010 to match the state of my saved patch when I select a patch?

cessnapilot
11-05-2010, 09:15 PM
Let's say I gave a patch saved with distortion on only. I turn on 11r and fcb1010 and select this patch. The distortion is off even my saved patch has it on. Can I have the fcb1010 to match the state of my saved patch when I select a patch?

The patch should be in the same state you saved it as every time you go back to it unless you make a change and save it again. Then that is the state. The change is not "sticky" and has nothing to do with the FCB. All the FCB does is send the change command.

pettma
09-07-2012, 01:33 PM
Hi everyone.

I have one question about the UnO chip. Seems like the FCB1010 can't get info from 11R.

I have the UnO chip installed and it works fine, buttons 1-4 change patches and 5-10 are in stompbox mode. When ever I change a patch with some "stompboxes" on, the FCB1010 does not light the corresponding stompbox led. If I have say patch 2 on it will show only led 2. If I press button 6 for OD, it will first set it on even if it was on to begin with. Then I have to press it again to turn it off. At this point only led 6 will be on and not even the patch number I'm on. Is this normal behavior?

Thanks.

hmj
09-07-2012, 01:59 PM
Hi everyone.

I have one question about the UnO chip. Seems like the FCB1010 can't get info from 11R.

I have the UnO chip installed and it works fine, buttons 1-4 change patches and 5-10 are in stompbox mode. When ever I change a patch with some "stompboxes" on, the FCB1010 does not light the corresponding stompbox led. If I have say patch 2 on it will show only led 2. If I press button 6 for OD, it will first set it on even if it was on to begin with. Then I have to press it again to turn it off. At this point only led 6 will be on and not even the patch number I'm on. Is this normal behavior?

Thanks.here is your answer! look for this text:Setting the global functions

http://www.voes.be/fcb1010/pdf/fcb1010%20programming%20without%20software.pdf

moff
09-07-2012, 05:07 PM
I have question. When in stomp mode, I can turn on/off individual effects.
But when switch to a patch with distortion on by default the distortion is off, I have to press the button to turn it on. Can the fcb1010 reflect how a patch is already set up in 11r when switched to. Like distortion on, way on, delay off. Or am I asking too much?

IIRC, if you use the FCB editor for the UnO (RipWerx?), in stompbox mode, there's a setting called "send with patch change" which will set the state of the effect on the FCB to "on" when you call that patch.

pettma
09-08-2012, 02:20 AM
hmj: tried your solution and the FCB went crazy.

moff: can't find this setting in Ripwerx.

Also if the FCB is connected to Eleven rack I can't get the sysex from the board. If I connect the FCB with my Saffire Pro 40 I will get it.

With Saffire the MIDI loop test will be successful but with eleven rack it will not be. Is there something wrong with the 11R midi I wonder.

mange586
09-09-2012, 08:52 AM
Program the stomps on the fcb to match the rig. This is mainly done just to see at your feet what stomps are active in your 11R. In Ripwerx you find them far right (you must enable stompbox mode in the global settings) Stomps in UnO fcb can have three initial modes, "on", "off" and "no change", no change is not to be used with 11R (atleast I canīt find a decent use for it with 11R).

By programming the stomps in the fcb you wont need "probeing", actually I find the programming of the stomps adds some possibilities. You can use the same rig on multiple preset recall buttons but have it open with a different set of stomps activated. Also... you wont miss the "unknown" state found in the eurekaprom. I say.. UnO rocks!

I have my stomps toggle Dist, Mod, Delay, FX1 and FX2. I toggle the wha with a second press on the currently selected preset. (Just the ones that need it) or have it preselected on the solo rig. This is actually the only drawback with the fcb as I can see... no toeswitches on the expression pedals.

moff
09-09-2012, 03:53 PM
moff: can't find this setting in Ripwerx.

Sorry, my bad. I was thinking of my GCP. Mange586 is right. There are three choices, and you tell the FCB what the state of the FX will be for that patch on the 11R.