PDA

View Full Version : Channel mixup on digidesign venue en profile

dutchblond_guy
03-16-2010, 12:45 PM
hello Guys,

question for the main body. i had a show 3 das ago. setup was a profile mixrack and a venue with sidecar.

during the first show all was swell then after the second this came up. in the soundcheck no problems ehn suddenly in the showcase on channel 22 was keys R and it came up in chan 26 where there was a vocal running. i got both there and i was a hell to get rit of it so 22 was comming in at 26 where there was also a vocal running.
my ? now is what could have been the problem in this case. rebooting the console. did that. reset stage rack? did that. reset desks done that. nothing changed. it was not external wirering al that was fine.

the issue still sits in the show. any body answers?????

sounds cool if i could get an inside on this cuz this never ever happend to me before.

we have 3 profiles,1 SC48 and 1 venue with side car. all latest soft installed.

kind regards,

dutch

Scott Fahy
03-16-2010, 01:01 PM
Check your patchbay, my guess is someone inadvertently doubled patched the vocal input to the key channel. Yes I know that sounds like a "duh" answer but in my experience things don't mysteriously happen.

Scott

TwoPort
03-16-2010, 03:00 PM
+1 It was a patch bay issue for me. No complaints, it was just re-patching some prior inputs and getting a little lost. :rolleyes:

digidesigner
03-17-2010, 02:30 PM
Just recently I had a similar problem and in our case it was a TV truck sitting on the third split end who managed to somehow patch two inputs together and mess stuff up pretty good. We were almost going crazy and things started to get physical over the intercom

dutchblond_guy
03-20-2010, 03:20 AM
Check your patchbay, my guess is someone inadvertently doubled patched the vocal input to the key channel. Yes I know that sounds like a "duh" answer but in my experience things don't mysteriously happen.

Scott

hello scott,

wel i checked the patch during the show and did not find any mixup in this case. later on i checked the patch again and disconected the monitor profile console and the problem was still there . and even funnier was that the console was used 2 days later same equipment and alll was swell. this seems to be a mistery to me and still not solved. so i'll keep on looking into it and find a solution. so guys keep on letting me know what could be wrong. i still have the show file so will do a setup in the store and find out.
all best dutch